cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delayed installation

jaykshah
Joining in

Hi Team,

I got a really bad experience with virgin media.

My installation date was 15th Dec and they have postponed it to 14th Jan 2023. then got another email saying that there is another delay in installation due to work pending and they have shifted to 4th Feb 2023.

I don't understand why they are not trying to finish the work before the date of installation. 

why they are starting the work a day ago and telling something wrong and we can't install. It's absolutely rubbish service and support.

Customer support are telling the outside work date is 18th jan then 20th jan, then 22nd jan then 24th jan and now 26th jan. 

Are you guys are really working or just passing the boll to another court.

Really update with virgin media support.

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@jaykshah wrote:

Hi Team,

I got a really bad experience with virgin media.

<snip>

Scan through some of the other similar topics on this forum and you will see that you are not alone in experiencing this.

Usual advice is to put in place some short term connectivity on a rolling monthly basis (4/5G hotspot etc.) until such time as VM connect you.

You should be eligible for compensation for a delayed installation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

so keep very good records of all your dealings with VM and failed promises etc. to make sure you are eventually paid the correct amount due.

jaykshah
Joining in
No any response from virgin media and when we called saying me the different story

Hi jaykshah, thank for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I have investigated this and can see that the prepull works have now been completed. 

Please let us know how it goes with the installation. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the update.

Just getting outside of work took so long.

It's very irritating. Please provide me with an update on the installation's completion.

Thanks 

Hi jaykshah, thanks for getting back to us.

Are you aware of your installation date?  And could you please update us on its completion?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

I holp you are well.

The first installation date was 15th dec then postponed to 14th jan and again postponed to 4th February. 

Were you advised of the reason why this was delayed?

^Martin