Menu
Brusterfercrick
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

dead phone

I had Virgin BB and phone installed 2 weeks ago. I cannot get my phone to work at all. It is a hands-free phone. I have plugged in the phone base to the power and the phone lead to the Virgin hub but the phone says it isn't connected. Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: dead phone

Hello Brusterfercrick,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this,  just to check are you set up with a voip line? 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Brusterfercrick
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Since I posted this query I have been able to sort the problem - actually I didn't really sort the problem - the phone didn't work for about 24 hours and then suddenly worked normally. The only problem I now have is that the adaptor provided by the installation engineer which takes my single plug phone wire to a double phone plug on the router doesn't fit properly. With the slightest touch it falls out of the router and I have to keep putting it back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I see, does it look damaged or anything?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Brusterfercrick
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this reply. The adapter doesn't look damaged. You know how the phone plug clicks into its socket and has to be squeezed to get it out - well the adaptor looks as if it should do the same but doesn't click in, so it very easily falls out. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brusterfercrick,

So to confirm, the problem is with the adapter and not the router? 

Thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Brusterfercrick
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Yes, a little black adaptor which goes between the router and the phone cable end connector.

0 Kudos
Brusterfercrick
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PS I suppose it could be the socket on the router that isn't accepting the adaptor.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brusterfercrick, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I think the best thing to do at this point is get an engineer out to look at this.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos