Menu
desertman
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

connection drop out in evenings

For the past 3 weeks mainly evenings we keep getting constant drop out connections....resulted in engineer coming a week ago  said it was the aerial on Hub - following night started again...eventually called VM tonight and they went through the 192. address procedure of changing a few things - worked OK for 30 minutes started dropping off again...

Checked router status many critical and warning posts.....how do we proceed? I need a good connection to upload my freelance pictures to Paris...unable to do it with these cut outs! no matter where the laptops are in the house same issues..help!

0 Kudos
desertman
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: connection drop out in evenings

PS started when we had two new neighbours moved in, at least one is on VM..could be conicidence??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi desertman,

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your connection.

I have checked the network from here and can't see any obvious cause of the issue you are having. 

Is this affecting both wired and wireless connections?

Does rebooting the hub help improve things, even if it's just temporarily?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

First, set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections. If it isnt showing any - then your issue is purely wifi related

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
desertman
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I have set up the monitoring process will keep an eye on it

Cheers

0 Kudos
desertman
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I Lindsey

Thanks for your reply - as requested per several telephone calls to VM have done this process a number of times....picks up a signal and then cuts out again

As I mentioned in my original post, the techy who came said it was the Hub's aerial, adjusted it but started up again a few hours later

Not sure what to make of it, but it is mainly early evenings when VM neighbour's start using their modems (coincidence?)

At the moment it seems to have settled down, but could occur any time....have set up a monitoring meter so will see what happens

Thnaks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back to me about this desertman.

Please let us know how things go with the monitoring and we will see what we can do to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
desertman
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I give up with VM - we are still experiencing drop outs in the evening.....I need a reliable connection to upload my freelance photographs, if this keeps occurring I am unable to do so!

I downloaded the meter but seem to be having trouble accessing it on my laptop...any ideas?

0 Kudos
radgar2
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The BQM from think broadband runs at their end and effectively tries to connect regularly to your device to see if it still on the internet. This needs that the device they're trying to reach be on and reachable from the internet. In most cases, this will be your Super Hub. 

When you have it set up, you'll be able to view the neat graphs they produce 

My Broadband Ping - Vivid gamer
0 Kudos
desertman
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi - yes thanks I had set it up via their webpage, but unable to retrieve/find the app or access the graph page....?

I have searched everywhere on my computer...any ideas? e.g. how do you log into it etc?

Thanks

0 Kudos