cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect app fails to install profile

Timwilky
Fibre optic

I have just take delivery of a new Galaxy Tab S8. When I attempt to set up hot spot access it fails to set up the profile. The enterprise setup has different options than my old system. So how do I either set up hot spot by connect or manually?

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky
15 REPLIES 15

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tomwilky, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue getting hotspots set up on your device. 

Please have a look here

You can enter in the make and model of your device and it should give you help on how to set this up. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

adi007
On our wavelength

Hi there, I have exact same issue: 

Screenshot_20220613-124130.png

@Kath_F, I don't see how this helps, there is a lot, how to connect to my home wifi, but there is no mention about the VM Connect App

Volt M200 Fibre Broadband
My Broadband Ping - VM

Timwilky
Fibre optic

OK answering my own question from the above Galaxy tab S8 connected to a VM hotspot.

Forget the connect app it doesn't work. You need to set up a connection manually.

In your settings wifi add network.

Name :- Virgin Media

Security :- WPA/WPA2-Enterprise

EAP  Method :-TTLS

Identity :- vmedwifi/your VM email address

Password : -the password you use with the above email address to connect to virginmedia.com

CA certificate :- Don't validate

Phase 2 authentication MSCHAPV2

And it then connects to the hotspot

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

adi007
On our wavelength

I'm stuck in option "CA Certificate" - I have only two options: "Use system certificate" or "Install certificate". Am I doing something wrong?

Pixel 4a, Android 12

My Broadband Ping - VM

adi007
On our wavelength

Is it correct setup? What should I enter in "Domain" section?

Screenshot_20220615-223945.png

My Broadband Ping - VM

Hi @adi007,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble using your device as a hotspot. If you search for your device model here are you able to locate the settings you need?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

adi007
On our wavelength

I don't want to setup my device as a hotspot, I'm trying to connect to Virginmedia hotspots. I'm VM broadband customer and understand that I should have access to many VM hotspots in the UK.

My Broadband Ping - VM

Hi adi007, 

Any joy since your last post?

Gareth_L

adi007
On our wavelength

@Gareth_L, no so far. Tried different options with the certificate but no luck. I'll definitely update here when or if this gets sorted.

My Broadband Ping - VM