cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't login hub 3.0

LC1485
Joining in

Want to set up my hub to a stronger security. However, when i enter the password  shown on the bottom of the Hub, it shown it's a wrong password. why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are two passwords. One for WiFi and one for the admin console. Just in case you are trying the wrong one? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are two passwords. One for WiFi and one for the admin console. Just in case you are trying the wrong one? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I picked the lower one but still not working…

47A7BCCC-2831-45CE-B58C-537F6E94D22A.jpeg

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@LC1485 wrote: ………I picked the lower one but still not working…

Was it an 8 digit numeric?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

If this is to prevent the quite misleading messages from an iPhone just set the WiFi Security as follow :

Client62_0-1675346364002.png

Hi LC1485, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and this is not the experience which we want you to have. 

Can you confirm if it was the 8 digit number? 

Have you now managed to log into the hub since posting? 

Chris 

Yes, it’s 8 digit number & still can’t go into hub…

There is a chance that your hub wasn't brand new and was 'recycled' from another customer who has left or upgraded and VM neglected to factory reset it before you got it. If that is the case then I would suggest that your best option is to factory reset it yourself, stick a bent paper clip into the reset hole on the back, you should 'feel' the button depress and hold it in for a good 60 second. Allow the hub to restart itself and the default on the base sticker should then work.

Hi LC1485, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and confirming this for us. 

The next step is to do what jem101 has mentioned in their post. A timed PIN hole reset on the hub will revert the details to what is on the sticker. 

If you have any further issues though we may need to look at other options for you. 

Please pop back and let us know if you're able to log in to the hub after the reset. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Same issue here. We have had no internet since Friday, green flashing internet connection. Tried rebooting & factory reset. Called VM, engineer booked for Tuesday. This morning the internet is back & the router seems ok. Tried to login using the 10 digit number and get the message password is incorrect. Should I keep the engineer visit even though the internet is working?