Menu
julie341
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

can i get another wall socket

my old wifi was not connecting well in my sons room so we bought a new router for his room and apparently we need a wall socket how much would this cost and how would we go about getting one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: can i get another wall socket

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do and what you bought?  If you just want to move your existing VM Hub into his room you will need VM to wire in a new connection & wall box - that will cost £99.  That will improve the wifi signal in that room - but off course diminish it elsewhere.  Or have you bought some kind of wifi extender ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
julie341
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i bought a new hub for his room while keeping mine downstairs but we only have one wall box

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@julie341 wrote:

i bought a new hub for his room while keeping mine downstairs but we only have one wall box

Ah...  in that case, send it back for a refund - it wont work.  All Hubs are VM property and they dont sell them - they rent them and they wont connect one that is either stolen (if it's a Hub3 - it should have been returned to them) or was meant to have been recycled Hub1&2 (VM dont want them back).  You need to investigate other options for improving the wifi in your lads room.  However, is he an "onliner gamer" ?  If so a wired connection will always be better for that.  Can you easily run a Cat6a ethernet cable to his room?  My lad is and he says "wifi is pants for gaming" - so I have his PC/xbox set up on short ethernet cables via "powerline adapters".  If its just better wifi for browsing then options are are a new third party wifi router (not Hub!) or access point.  Just search a few posts on here and see what you think might work best for him.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi julie341, 

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your WiFi. Hopefully you've managed to get this resolved since your post, if not please pop back and we will do our best to help you. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

@julie341 wrote:

Ah...  in that case, send it back for a refund - it wont work.

These hubs on sale on Gumtree and eBay are a scam. The eBay offerings typically have a "No returns accepted" disclaimer.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos