Menu
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cabling & installation

hi, anyone required their street dug up and cabling installed to their property? I've moved and taking vm with me but they need to pull cable from street to allow me to get vm. all good as I thought I couldn't get it at all! however 2 months later still waiting for work to begin, how long did you wait? cheers

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: cabling & installation

You say needs the cable pull well that's normal as the trunking from cabinet to the house is already there.

One or two days before installation the pre-install team put the cables through the existing trunking.

So if correct you should be installed within the usual 2 weeks from order.

You need to establish with VM just what is going on.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for reply. while my street is cabled it's only on one side as older houses on cabled side. street needs to be closed off, dug up and cable pulled. I'm not sure of technicalities just wondered if anyone had been through similar and had any timescale. I had to wait 30 days as council have to agree street closure. 2 months have passed now. 

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In that case you will have to have someone from VM to say if your side of the street is in their budget to do the work necessary to get trunking to you.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

it's been agreed, I've a new contract & the necessary work is due to commence. just needed info from other customers in similar position as to how long it took them to have work done. 

0 Kudos