cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cable on my property

mark6089
Joining in

Hi I wonder if anyone had direct contact number for installs. I keep it short but my next door neigbour has had virgin installed this week and the cable is drilled through my part of my stone wall. I want it moved as never gave permission for virgin to do this. My wall will be left damaged with screw hole driled in 90 year old stone. i tried phoning virgin but was passed to every departmant possible. Eventually told someone would phone back within 48hrs which they have still a day todo so. The quality of cable leaving road is terrible and think installguys just done quickest method possible. It is obvious that half the wall is mine and half is next door so why install it on my section. Hoping to get direct contact with someone who can sort this and my councillor will be informed she if she can help.

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You’ll have to wait for a few days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Unlikely you will get a call back. Here is where it can get sorted.

Post up a few photos of the damage so that a VM person can assess the situation when they get here in a couple of days - and wil respond on here.

Re the issue... are you a VM customer yourself, or has a previous occupant had a VM install?

If so there is likely a "wayleave" in place that grants them access to your property - whether doing what they have done is covered by that is for others to comment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Thanks for reply. No i am not a VM customer. My neiibour had it installed this week. I tried to add photo but said file size was too large. It is basicall half meter on my side of a wall shared between me and next door.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Open the photo on your device and drop the resolution/filesize/quality to something smaller and then try posting again

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mark6089,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the situation.

So I can get a few more details from you regarding this I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm