cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken wire

Richardlong68
Joining in

HELP!!!! We are having building work done and the wire from my junction box to my virgin box has been severed. We need a new wire put in. Can you help?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

can take several days for VM to respond on here.

Quicker to call it in - note they will charge you £25 as its "not their fault" - its customer damage....

A few options, firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although people are reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

You can also text them on  You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer.

Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App. But may be slow

You could also try the freephone number 0800 052 0422 to discuss your account and see if that gets you there

Finally… A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you!

I have an engineer coming out tomorrow- I did the online thing that took me through a diagnostic (I mean, I was looking at the severed wire while doing this- but it only took a couple of minutes) then it gave me the 0800 number. I had the visit arranged within 10 mins and the engineer is coming out tomorrow.