cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband installation kit lost by Yodel, virgin unresponsive

dc15
Joining in

New customer here. Installation kit lost by yodel on December 16th. Marked as delivered by Yodel, but nobody knocked on the door (I was working from home). The kit was not left around the property nor given to a neighbor. And Yodel has no idea where it was left.

I then called Virgin to get a replacement and was told that a new one would be sent within 2 days. Nothing. Called again and was told that the issue has been raised and that I would hear from someone withing 2 days. Nothing. Raised a complaint. Nothing.

What's wrong with virgin? how difficult to send a new kit? if that's how they treat new customers, I think I will get my broadband somewhere else.

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dc15, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us although we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with equipment not being delivered. 

Before we can send out more equipment, the teams will need to investigate what happened to the original so this is why there is that delay. We understand it can be frustrating but it is something that needs to be looked at. 

As you already have a complaint raised, and the relevant forms have been filled in, it's just a case of waiting for the team to get back in touch with you now which they should do shortly. 

If you're still waiting after 5 days, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

After Virgin not being to replace a non-delivered broadband kit, I called again to cancel my account and being refunded the money the money I payed for a non-existing service (£85). The person on the phone insisted that my service needed to be disconnected, although it was never connected/activated because I have never received the kit to do so. Then I was told it would take a month to disconnect. During that time, another bill (£25) was taken from my account. So now I gave Virgin £100 for no service at all!!!        Called Virgin and was told that this is how things are done. And now I have received an email requesting that I return my kit. For the 10th time, I don't have a f*****g kit !!! I have never received one!!! Check my records!!!! Talk to each other!!!! Customer service is abysmal!!!

Could someone take responsibility and refund my £100?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dc15,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm very sorry to hear that you never received your equipment and was still charged for the services! I understand that this is not the ideal customer experience, and I do apologise that you've been charged so much and this issue is still ongoing. 

I'll be happy to look over this and help further. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details so I can investigate this for you further. Keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dc15,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message and that we were able to resolve this issue for you. 🙂

Please keep us updated on how you get on with your cheque and if you need any further assistance. We're happy to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team