cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband/external and internal installation

ewelin
Joining in

Hi,  I am trying to choose an Internet provider and it turned out that the house was already connected to Virgin, but the cables were bricked up in the wall (the external box looks fine, but there is no internal socket or wires..). Has anyone faced a similar situation? Will I have to pay for installations? How to resolve it if I order a Broadband deal online?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just order the package you want and select the option for "Tech install" and not the "Quick start" one. They will run a new cable through a new hole an place an internal connection socket on the internal wall

There used to be a fee - £35 I think - unless the package comes with free install

Any issues, the Pre-installation and delivery team can be contacted on.. 0800 052 1734.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just order the package you want and select the option for "Tech install" and not the "Quick start" one. They will run a new cable through a new hole an place an internal connection socket on the internal wall

There used to be a fee - £35 I think - unless the package comes with free install

Any issues, the Pre-installation and delivery team can be contacted on.. 0800 052 1734.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

thank you for the quick answer!

You are right, when I process this deal there was a 30£ installation fee, but I think it is still worth it - the offer includes 95£ bill credit. 

Hey @ewelin,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm glad to hear that you will be joining us and taking up one of our great packages. I hope that you really enjoying our services 🙂

Please let us know here, if you have any issues.

Regards,

Steven_L