Menu
LittleDave54
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

beeping hub 3.0

Has anybody any ideas why my Hub 3.0 beeps rapidly 16 times (4 bursts of 4 beeps)? Doesn't affect performance one way or the other. Might happen once a day or not at all or so frequently we turn the wretched thing off for an hour to get some peace and quiet.  Sorry if you've seen this before but the original post seems to have disappeared...

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: beeping hub 3.0

The hub is not capable of beeping, it has no speaker.  It has to be something else in your home

LittleDave54
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Beeping not heard when the hub is unplugged. Sound is loudest in the corner where the hub sits. Curious....

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Something trying, and failing, to connect to the Hub wifi ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
LittleDave54
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

None of the devices in the house complain about not being connected. Beeps can happen in the middle of the night when no-one is active (although I expect various teenager devices are still switched on). Considering switching the public Virgin hotspot back on  (turned it off because wifi signal doesn't reach the other end of the house unlike the previous Hub2 and I'd like to get what I pay for rather than give it away...) or going back to channel-hopping (off as it seemed to cause lost connections and there's rarely a change in the neighbours' channels)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

jb66 says the hub has no speaker and can't beep - so when you get the beeping and hold the hub to your ear - is it definitely the hub making the noise - if not track down the offender

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
LittleDave54
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tracked the beep (tricky as I'm rather deaf...) to a digital thermometer (battery powered) on a nearby bookshelf - I stand corrected!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Smiley Happy  Sorted - excellent.

--------------------
0 Kudos