cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

base light keeps flashing green

shouq
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently received my Hub 3.0 broadband, but the green base light keeps flashing nonstop for hours with no internet connection. The wifi light is on, not flashing, and it's also green. 

what do you advise me to do?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It usually means it hasnt been activated onto your account. It should happen automagically - call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

if they say it has been activated then there must be a fault on the connection that will need a `tech to investigate - call the same number for that or customer services - its more common on a new "Quickstart" connection - as they dont test the line before sending it out ! Is that what you got

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @shouq,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some connection issues!

Thank you to @jbrennand for providing you with this information before we could respond. They are absolutely correct, and this situation would require you to call in and have us look into your activation for you.

Please give us a call on 03454541111 when you have a moment to have your services activated.

If you have already done this, please keep us updated with your situation and let us know if you need any further help or support.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @shouq,

Thank you for sending over the Private Messages, but we're happy to keep this conversation public unless we'll need to discuss any account details.:)

I'm sorry to hear that your broadband Hub is still flashing green, even though your services have been activated!

Our service line on 03454541111 is open until 9pm Monday-Saturday, so you should still be able to get through to a member of our team.

Have you tried to Pin-hole reset your Hub to see if this can help resolve the issue? Please take a look and try to complete this step and see if this has helped.

If not, please let us know and we'll be able to discuss this issue further with you.

Thank you, 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This is also happening to me.

I received my hub this morning at 10.40am. It has so far taken me 4+ hours trying to get it to work.

I set it up as per instructions and left it for a good hour. No connection & flashing green base light the whole time. There is no mention of activating it whatsoever in the manual I was supplied. I went on youtube & saw a guide where someone got a text message from VM saying to text back GO which I hadn't received either.

Then low & behold, at 12.01pm I received said text within minutes of watching said video. Replied "GO" and instantly got a message saying it would take 20 minutes to activate. Great, now you tell me!

At 12.16pm I received a message saying it had been activated and to setup my kit within 12 hrs. So I unplugged it all & reconnected again.

Still flashing green base light.

THEN at 1.17pm I received a text saying "Okay - let's get cracking!. We've sent the signal to your home & everything's ready for you, so you can set up your kit."

WHAT?...so I just wasted another hour? Why did the previous text say it was ok to setup if it wasn't? Why not tell me initially that I would have to wait another hour or so before trying to setup the kit instead of going ahead like I was instructed?

So, I unplugged everything & reconnected everything up - again....

Still flashing green base light. So I texted back "HELP" as instructed & it said "Sorry about this. Turn everything off then on again and wait 30 min (this does work!)"

Really?....no it didn't.

That is when I came on here, saw this post, and pressed the reset button on the hub. That was at 2.29pm

Current state of affairs at 3.00pm (gave it 30 minutes as instructed) - still flashing green base light!

HELP please. I've spent more time on this forum since ordering this new broadband last week, due to other problems & now this one, than I have in the previous 10+ years of VM supplied broadband. Starting to think maybe I should have stayed away since leaving last year. I'm just glad I made sure I had a few days overlap before my "current" connection ends 😞

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

See what they say. However if they insist it has been activated and its flashing green - then you must have a connectivity issue - call that in o 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). See what they say when they check the connection

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly.

Or a VM person should respond on here when they pick it up but that can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks,
Was just on the phone to them for 48 minutes.

I was told she was having trouble with her system but told me she needs to book a technician to come & check my connection next week

This is not acceptable as it will leave me with no broadband at all. So I was put through to pre-contract cancellations to cancel the account AFTER being told I can't cancel as it's not been activated yet. But she couldn't cancel it because - apparently - it's been activated!!!

So put back through to "normal" cancellations & going through the motions to try & fix it. Which isn't happening obviously. Finally got to cancel the whole account before it even started & then had to get several assunrances that I wouldn't be charged a single penny. (Subject to return of equipment obviously).

What an absolute shambles I've seen from VM on this occasion. As I said earlier, I've had a week of problems before even getting the hub, for the hub/broadband then to not work anyway.

Thanks again to the forum people for trying to help. You've done a lot more than ringing up would have done hands down.

I'm just really disappointed that I can't return to VM for the foreseeable future due to their incompetence.

Regards
Paul S

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I am guessing you got a quickstart pack - that hasn't started? Possibly a duff Hub but more likely is.... because VM dont check connection status - they just know there has been an active connection there in the past. If its been damaged in some way they will only know in cases like yours.

I will flag for VM to come here and see if they can sort it quickly for you. Be prepared to sign up with another ISP and let VM take its course - you will not be charged anything until your service is up and running. If it does get up and running then you have a 14 day cooling off period in which you can just cancel it free of penalty charges and stick with the other ISP - or keep it and cancel the other

--------------------
John
--------------------

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PDVS,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry that you are also having this issue. I'd be more than happy to look into things for you, I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

No need to flag anyone but thanks.

I did get a quickstart pack as I was with VM last year then moved to Vodafone (who I dislike but gave a try anyway as VM wouldn't negotiate last year AT ALL!!), so expected the hub to work straight out of the box as nothing had changed regarding the connection since last year. I assumed, rightly so I believe, that it should have been plug & play like it had been previously (I've had VM connection since Comcast) but I blame the Hub too as I've heard bad reports about them - let me have a guess that it's possibly Chinese? i.e. hit & miss.

I already cancelled VM as I wasn't prepared to take anymore possible delays or crap so contacted my current ISP which still had c3 days left on it. I've extended that one for another 12 months with a "slight" decrease in my monthly price albeit more expensive than the VM contract I was hoping I was getting. (Found out VM actually reduced it even more a few days after I initiated mine which is sods law lol).

Maybe I'll try again next year but don't hold me to that. I'll see how Voda' performs for another year. Although the speed is slower it's been ideal for my use for 11 out of the 12 months thus far (teething problemsfor 1st month) and the plus side is it is mobile broadband and has never dropped connection unlike VM's which did regularly despite being fixed broadband.

See you next year - maybe lol.

Thanks

Paul S