Menu
Stevecraft85
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You missed my street!

About 2 years ago we moved into our house and were really disappointed that we couldn't get vm on our street. We had to end our contract and get sky. I loved our vm broadband and never got below 30 Meg. Now I've had 3 broadband providers and none have had over 10 Meg, but I'm lucky to get 2 Meg. Its awful. 

Anyway about 6 months after moving in I had a text from the cable my street people saying your coming to our area! Great! There was a public meeting locally but I couldn't attend as I was working.

Maybe 6 months after that your workmen came and dug up many roads nearby. But not ours. Its like you forgot our street. This is so frustrating. 

I recall a similar situation on my mums street, about 18 years ago you cabled much of dn5 but missed my mums street, then 2 years ago you did it. Please don't leave us 16 years with terrible broadband!

Our postcode is S64 8UN. You cabled a lot of s63 and s64 last year, including the top of our street. I believe the bottom of the street is also cabled. Our street is 600yds long. Maybe a weeks work. Can somebody find out what's going on? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: You missed my street!

very doubtful would get installed anytime soon, since virginmedia hasn't any plans to do any infilling e.g. cabling side streets or streets they've missed, since got most of the plans for 2019 and some of 2020, so could be looking not before 2021, the forum staff can have this double checked. There is a few days wait for the forum staff to reply.

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your other providers will be on the BT/Open Reach network so all will give the same results ADSL and Fiber respectively.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Stevecraft85
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know dnpark38. I have used the open reach speed checker and it comes out about 11 Meg. I was getting about 8 Meg on a fibre package but thought why pay extra for fibre when I can get that speed on a standard package. So I stepped it down to standard and now it's about 2 Meg  What a joke. Its like being in dial up. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stevecraft85

I am sorry to hear that, have you signed up to virg.in/checker ? 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Stevecraft85
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have, but its of little consellation. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for any disappointment caused. 

We are always looking to expand our network, hopefully we will be in your area soon! 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos