cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel not received Hub 4 for Delivery

neilcornwell
On our wavelength

I received an email from Virgin Media offering me a free upgrade to a Hub 4, which I accepted.

I received an email and a text from Virgin Media confirming that it would be delivered today (31 Aug) and that I would receive an email and text from Yodel with a 2 hour time window.

I have taken a day off work to be at home today but have not received any delivery notification from Yodel.  When I contacted Virgin Media I was told that the parcel was "in transit" and still due for delivery today but when I contact Yodel they tell me that they are still waiting to receive the parcel from Virgin Media and therefore it won't be delivered today!  The agent I spoke to at Virgin Media was next to useless. She couldn't give me any information at all, couldn't transfer to anyone who could and didn't have a Manager that I could talk to to escalate!

Can someone from the Forum Team look into this for me please. I have taken a day off work for nothing and need to know when my Hub 4 will be delivered so that I can take another day off and be at home when it is delivered.  I'm also worried as when I accepted the offer of a replacement Hub, it said my old Hub "will be automatically deactivated six days after the agreed install date for your new Hub 4".  I can't allow this to happen and be without internet because my parcel has been mislaid.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yodel and Virginmedia.  About the worst combination of companies one can imagine.

It's possible to get the delivery diverted to a local pickup point, if only you could speak to them. 

Quite honestly, you might just as well forget about the whole thing. Unless you intend to upgrade to the 1g service you will not find any advantage from the Hub4.  And there are those who wish they hadn't changed. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tbh, it would just forget about it if it wasn't for this, saying that my old Hub "will be automatically deactivated six days after the agreed install date for your new Hub 4" 

Normally the old hub will be disabled only when the new one is activated. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ok, thanks. Lets hope so!

Hi neilcornwell,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear there's been an issue with the delivery of your hub 4.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that you were able to speak with us on Tuesday evening about the order, can you please confirm if this has now been resolved?

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth

Thanks for following up. Yes, resolved now

Cheers

Hi @neilcornwell,

Glad to hear that has been resolved 🙂

Feel free to give us a shout if you need help with anything else.

Have a lovely weekend. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs