cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel - non delivery of new Hub for 1Gig - come get it yourself???

AlistairS
On our wavelength

Sat in yesterday waiting on the delivery of the repalcement hub  sent out:

Spoiler

19/11/21

10:39

Your parcel is on the way but the driver has experienced a short delay. Please check back for updates

Checked back all day and night no updates.  Contacted them via the chat and got lied too.  Said it would be delivered Saturday.  Have just checked trcking again:

Spoiler
19/11/21
20:20
Please arrange to collect your parcel from our depot by using the Manage your parcel feature above

Translation " we can't be **bleep** delivering your parcel, come get it yourself" ???

Can you look into this for me please?

I am not travelling from Denny to Livingston because they can't be bothered
57 REPLIES 57

Thank you for this @AlistairS

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do to help you. 

All the best. 

Molly

spell
Knows their stuff

@Hayley_S wrote:

Hello @AlistairS,

Raising a complaint would just be for your dissatisfaction, we can not tell a 3rd party how to run things for 'improvements' 

I am sorry for everything that has happened, you can also raise this on our code of practice.

Many thanks, 

FALSE INFORMATION - Delivery of items is 100% the responsibility of VM and the customer should not be involved in chasing up third party dodgy delivery companies - that is totally the responsibility of VM while they continue to use them.

AlistairS
On our wavelength

So 3 days ago I receid an email:

Spoiler

Hello,

Just a quick email to say thank you for returning our kit. The below items were received at our warehouse today:

Item Type Item Description Serial Number Value
Broadband RouterArris Super HubACF8CCADAD1B£65
Broadband RouterArris Super Hub400D107AC94B£40

Any charge for this kit that has been applied to your account will now be removed. Please be aware that any money owed on your account for services will remain outstanding.

The first router would have been the one that Yodel never even attempted a delivery of. The second was the one I sent back, which according to Yodel's current tracking is still with them!

Spoiler

Tracking details for 3cpra19

Tuesday, December 21 2021

15:54

Parcel to be taken to a Yodel serviced Collect+ Point

15:54

Received at LOCAL SHOP FK4 1RY

Wednesday, December 22 2021

16:17

Parcel collected by courier

Thursday, December 23 2021

09:58

Despatched from LIVINGSTON DEPOT

Friday, December 24 2021

10:50

Processed at National Hub

Tuesday, December 28 2021

13:55

Good morning, thanks for coming back to us. That email received would indicate there's nothing to be received by us further. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

AlistairS
On our wavelength

Received a Bill from VM today for £243.60,

The total payable is £3.60.

VM were unable and unwilling  to supply a service to me and the equipment to use it on.

This thread say it all

I am NOT paying Early Disconnect Fees for VM's incompetance.  Can a member of the VM staff contact me via PM to get this fixed ASAP

I am back on the "complaints" chat since 15:55 hrs today.  Copy and pasting information from transcripts and this post, lost track of how many copy and paste I have to do repeating myself

2 hours later disconnected got nowhere,

Need someone to contact me please

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I very much fear that no-one with any authority to do anything useful will answer you. All you will get on here is platitudes or the offer of a private message that goes nowhere, from forum staff who might be very nice people but are powerless to help.

If you already had a working service before the yodel fiasco started, Virgin are going to chase you for the early disconnection fee. That will really twist the knife in the wound.

I'd love to cancel my own contract with this appalling company, but like many others I'm tied to them until Openreach run their fibre down my road. 

Good luck with your continuing struggle with Virgin Media.  Please continue to update us here so we can show others how VM treat their customers. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

AlistairS
On our wavelength

I have paid the £3.60 but have now raised this with ofcom as I have full transcripts, of when they said they were doing things and didn't.  Given all this I am now seeking an appology and financial recompence  for the stress and time waisted.

The last line on my chat last night was "See you in court"