cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel - non delivery of new Hub for 1Gig - come get it yourself???

AlistairS
On our wavelength

Sat in yesterday waiting on the delivery of the repalcement hub  sent out:

Spoiler

19/11/21

10:39

Your parcel is on the way but the driver has experienced a short delay. Please check back for updates

Checked back all day and night no updates.  Contacted them via the chat and got lied too.  Said it would be delivered Saturday.  Have just checked trcking again:

Spoiler
19/11/21
20:20
Please arrange to collect your parcel from our depot by using the Manage your parcel feature above

Translation " we can't be **bleep** delivering your parcel, come get it yourself" ???

Can you look into this for me please?

I am not travelling from Denny to Livingston because they can't be bothered
57 REPLIES 57

While I appreciate the post its too late now.

Four days and lost track of how many hours, I cancelled my services.

Spoiler
Dixit: Alistair I am so sorry to see that the hub was not delivered and you have applied to disconnect the
account. May I know how can I help you today?
17:07, Nov 24
You: well i am getting no repsonse on the forums so am looking for a conclusion one way or another
17:08, Nov 24
You: have you read the forum posts?
17:08, Nov 24
Dixit: Alistair I am so sorry I am unable to read the forum as we are restricted from accessing any link.
17:09, Nov 24
You: do you want acopy and paste of the transcripts for monday and tuesday then?
17:09, Nov 24
You: if you don't have them there?
17:10, Nov 24
Dixit: Alistair No I have the details on the account notes. May I know what resolution you are looking for so
I can get it Immediately.
17:12, Nov 24
You: well what I have wanted all along a hub that will let me use 1gig as promised but if this can't be
finalised today, I am on a 10 minute break just now at work. Then you close my account
17:16, Nov 24
Dixit: Alistair I am so sorry but to order the hub 4 we will need to cancel the disconnection request. So
Would you like to go ahead and cancel it?
17:16, Nov 24
You: if it can be done now yes
17:20, Nov 24
Dixit: Alistair Okay so I will now connect you to the Customer relations team and they will cancel the
disconnection request and then get you connected to the care team who will order the Hub 4 for you.
17:20, Nov 24
You: please don't use YODEL
17:21, Nov 24
You: sorry ,my break is up I need to go back to work now
17:22, Nov 24
You: see this is what I mean I spent 5 hrs on this chat yesterday and it looks like I am getting the same thing
again today.
17:22, Nov 24
Dixit: Alistair Not to worry I will leave a clear note on the account and then give a direct calling number to
use so we will be able to do it once our free. will this be okay?
17:23, Nov 24
You: someone needs to phone me not the other way round
You: I will be at home tomorrow until 12:00 hrs
You: i have to go now bye

Spoiler

Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: look at this
8:23, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: they didn't even attempt a first delivery
8:24, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: I sat in ALL weekend
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: i didn't make those changes
Lisa: I can see that and I will feed that back to Yodel but I can not order a new one.
8:25, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: OK find enough
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: leave cancellation in place
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: please put me through to that dept and I will finalise my
cancellation
8:26, Nov 25
Lisa: It is already booked on for you.
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: good
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: do you want the HH3 back?
8:27, Nov 25
Lisa: We will send packaging for that to be returned.
8:29, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: you do realise that HH4 could be getting delivered anywhere?
8:29, Nov 25
Lisa: I am getting it looked in to with Yodel.
8:32, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: I am on chat to them too as I don't want VM holding me
responsible
8:33, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: Can someone email confirmation of my cancellation request and
when my BB will cease with VM please?
8:34, Nov 25
Lisa: There will be an email sent with the cancellation notice, it will go off on 23/12/21.
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: ?
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: 1 months notice
8:35, Nov 25
Lisa: Yes.
8:35, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: so the BB goes off then when do I get the email?
8:36, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: ManishK08:35:01 Thank you for your patience. Let me process a
return on the parcel so that it returns back to the seller.
8:37, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: from Yodel

11/25/21, 8:46 AM

10/10

8:37, Nov 25
Lisa: Ok.
8:39, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: So I raised a complaint Monday and had to subsequently raise
new ones aech day as I was never given a reference on the chats, I have kept transcripts as there is nothing
indicating compalints in my account. Why is that?
8:40, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: ManishK08:40:12 Thank you for your patience. I have processed
a return on the parcel. And I request you to get in touch with the seller for the further steps against your
parcel
8:45, Nov 25
Lisa: I can see that dissatisfaction was logged on the account and a disconnection was processed as a result
of this.
8:46, Nov 25
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: OK, thanks I think that us done then bye

An this via email about that router

Spoiler

We recently sent you some new kit. We noticed you haven't activated it yet. Do you need any help with it?

It's really easy to activate your new kit. If you've lost the instructions on how to do it, just click here.

Don't need the kit anymore?

If you don't, we'll need you to send it back to us in its original packaging.

This won't cost you a penny. We popped a pre-paid returns label inside the packaging your kit was delivered in. Simply stick it over your address on the package and drop it off at any CollectPlus point. Find your nearest one collectplus.co.uk/storefinder">here.

Need a new pre-paid returns label?

We can either email you one to print at home or send you one in the post. To arrange this, just reply to this email with the option you prefer:

1. Email label
  2. Post label

What needs to be returned?

So you know, the description and serial number of the kit we need back are:

Item Type Item Description Serial Number
Broadband RouterArris Super Hub 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry for your experience AlistairS, 

If you would like us to assist further please, reply to the PM sent to you.

Zoie

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What an appalling story of Customer DisService. 

If VM02 actually cared about their customers they would be deeply ashamed.  But they very clearly don't. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

AlistairS
On our wavelength

The gift that keeps on giving...

Just had the following text and email

Spoiler

Thanks for returning our kit. Unfortunately the below item(s) are still outstanding.

Item Type Item Description Serial Number Value
Broadband RouterArris Super Hubxxxxxxxxxx£40

To get this item back to us, please order some new returns packaging here

So on Thursday I disconnected the Hub3 and requested returns packaging and got an email saying

Spoiler

When will the packaging be delivered?

It generally takes 2 weeks to get the packaging to you, we will contact you again by email to make sure it's arrived. If it hasn't, we'll send another one over to you as soon as we can.

We can see that a member of the Forum Team offered sent you a Private Message previously offering assistance with this, did you respond to that message at all AlistairS?

Rob

there was no point as the damage had already been done...

The whole point of my last post is to highlight continued **bleep**ups

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AlistairS,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for all the issues you've faced.

Your returns pack will be set to be sent out at the point of disconnection.

Let us know whether there's any issues with that and we'll sort it for you, I can appreciate your frustration through this whole time, I can raise a complaint for you over PM if you would like to?

Thanks,

Kain

AlistairS
On our wavelength

If you think it would help improve things then yes, I would like to raise a complaint

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @AlistairS,

Raising a complaint would just be for your dissatisfaction, we can not tell a 3rd party how to run things for 'improvements' 

I am sorry for everything that has happened, you can also raise this on our code of practice.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thing is its not just down to Yodel.

I have already been in touch with ofcom regarding Virgin Media