cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel - non delivery of new Hub for 1Gig - come get it yourself???

AlistairS
On our wavelength

Sat in yesterday waiting on the delivery of the repalcement hub  sent out:

Spoiler

19/11/21

10:39

Your parcel is on the way but the driver has experienced a short delay. Please check back for updates

Checked back all day and night no updates.  Contacted them via the chat and got lied too.  Said it would be delivered Saturday.  Have just checked trcking again:

Spoiler
19/11/21
20:20
Please arrange to collect your parcel from our depot by using the Manage your parcel feature above

Translation " we can't be **bleep** delivering your parcel, come get it yourself" ???

Can you look into this for me please?

I am not travelling from Denny to Livingston because they can't be bothered
57 REPLIES 57

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Canceling your direct debit will trash your credit rating and debt collectors could visit 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Got a full transcript of this fiasco, I really don't care. I will not be treated like this. I don't suffer fools.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Please think again.  You have been treated abominably, but the one thing that  VM always gets right is pursuing payments.  Don't let them do this to you.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

AlistairS
On our wavelength

Ball is in their court now.  They can do the chasing.  I have done all I am willing to

'direct debit cancelled' ' I don't suffer fools'

unfortunately companies don't suffer cancelled direct debits. not a good move.

as for yodel, i avoid them when i am able to if i know they are delivery partners for companies. they are the worst in my experience.

If he hasn't taken receipt of the hub 4, then the contract hasn't started? So should be ok cancelling? As I'm assuming he is still in the cool down period as he hasn't activated or even received the hub?

OK to break this down in edited form:

Spoiler
14:20, Nov 22
Toni Triage Bot: Can I start off by taking your first name?

14:28, Nov 22
Alistair : i've spent in excess of 3 hrs between yourself and o2 today and I am suppose to be working

16:12, Nov 23
Ayat: Hi, Alistair.
Apologies for the wait time you have experienced, we value your time and I will be glad tohelp you further with your query, But before we can continue request you to confirm What is the actall
23/11/2021, 19:31
6/10
Issue??
16:13, Nov 23
Alistair : hi please see my notes from yesterday

16:15, Nov 23
Alistair : So your collegue yesterday sais they would cancel that and initiate a new order that would bedispatched to a collect plus store for me to pickup
16:15, Nov 23
Alistair : I really don't know whats happening as there is no record of an order on the app and nothing aboutany hardware being dispatched

Alistair : this is just a total joke you upgrace me to 1Gig but i have no hardware to use it on!
16:20, Nov 23
Ayat: Apologies for the experience.
When was the upgrade promised?
Alistair : LOOK AT THE TRACKING
Alistair : it was sent out last week
16:21, Nov 23
Alistair : hardware was supposed to be delivred last Friday. VM must have dispatched the begining of lastweek
16:22, Nov 23
Alistair : If VM can't provide the service what the point in being a customer?
16:27, Nov 23
Ayat: Apologies.
This following reference order was cancelled, I can see.
8KXE001838663961
16:27, Nov 23
Alistair : OK, so I got an email confirming another order 1 min i will check email

16:30, Nov 23
Alistair : nothing received saying you had sent out another router capable of using the 1Gig

23/11/2021, 19:31
7/10
Ayat: Apologies for the experience, I will go ahead and raise a new order for you, Alistair.
Is it a new Hub4you are looking forward to upgrade to with 1 Gigabytes?

Alistair : i work mon to fri and no one is home to accept delivery anyway
16:42, Nov 23
Ayat: As per the details I can see that on 22/11/21, The Package wqas upgraded ??
16:44, Nov 23
Alistair : this happened previously as I have an o2 sim only deal so i got the upgrade for free. WHen theorder that your colleuage cancelled yesterday an new one was initiated
16:44, Nov 23
Alistair : that is why it says 22/11/21
16:52, Nov 23
Ayat: Okay, I can send you the New Hub4.
Please hold on, The Package price may change though.
16:53, Nov 23
Alistair : it shouldn't
16:54, Nov 23
Alistair : part of the volt deal is i get my speed doubled for free as I have an o2 12 month sim only deal.
16:54, Nov 23
Alistair : VM and o2 made this deal not me
16:57, Nov 23
Ayat: Fine.
Bear with me, Let me just see what beat I can do for you.

17:50, Nov 23
Ayat: Appolgies for the experience, Alistair.
I just tried raised an Order for the new Hub4 but due to somereasons it is not happening, You please need to cotanct us after 24 hours, As the system will be refreahed andwe will be able to send you a new Hub.
18:01, Nov 23
Alistair : can you not just do this i have already spent hours over the last 2 days on this chat trying to get thissorted?

18:13, Nov 23
Ayat: I can completely understand this, I am unable to place the order, Alistair.
18:15, Nov 23
Alistair : this is not acceptable. VM is taking up too much of my time and I'm going round in cirlces
18:16, Nov 23
Alistair : you give me a service that i cannot use and spendin hours on this thing. I want to cancel mybroadband
18:26, Nov 23
Ayat: Apologiws for the Experience.
I will connect the chat to the Disconnections team.

18:55, Nov 23
Alistair : this chat was intiated @14:20 hrs GMT it is not 18:54 hrs!
18:57, Nov 23
Reliza: Excellent! We’ll need to go through a few security questions. I’m going to send you a secure webform for you to answer. Please put the 7th, 10th and 13th characters of your password in the secure link. Thisis the password you use when you call in, and not your online account password. Please keep in mind thatthe form will expire in 30 minutes once we have sent it to you.

19:05, Nov 23
Reliza: Great. Thanks for that! May I know the reason for contacting us?
19:06, Nov 23
Alistair : How many times do i have to repeat myself, 1 min until i copy and paste

19:14, Nov 23
Reliza: I do apologize for that, Alistair. Just to confirm, do you want to have the Hub 4, right?
19:15, Nov 23
Alistair : i would but i cannot afford ANYMORE time dealing with this myself, too much time spent on thisalready
19:15, Nov 23
Alistair : i am risk my employment, I am supposed to be working not on this
19:18, Nov 23
Reliza: I'm very sorry about your frustrations today, Alistair. Let's work together and try to sort this thing out,okay?

19:19, Nov 23
Alistair : its not just today though this is the second day on this
19:22, Nov 23
Reliza: I'm so sorry about that, Alistair. However, if you really want to have the Hub 4 you can coordinatewith our faults team regarding this because in this department we only handle the customers who are in needof new contract.
19:25, Nov 23
Alistair : I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE TIME JUST CLOSE MY ACCOUNT
19:27, Nov 23
Alistair : This is down to incompetance and I have had enough. You give me 1Gig BB send out a router lastweek with those idiots Yodel, they maje no attempt at a delivery, I sit in ALL weekend as their website sayseach day its on its way. I spend 2 days trying to sort this with you lot ENOUGH
19:29, Nov 23
Alistair : |You can send out some sort of return for my existing hub if you want it back and don't EVENTHINK about charging me a early termination fee on my contract as the problems are ALL YOUR OWN
19:31, Nov 23
Alistair : Direct Debit being cancelled NOW bye

All this time waisted and no resolution and asked to go through all this crap again today.  All I wanted is the package promised and the hardware to run it on.

Virgin  Yodel - Blind Leading the Blind

Actually kept a transcript from Monday too

Spoiler
8:42, Nov 22
Toni Triage Bot: Can I start off by taking your first name?

Jeslin: Hi Alistair! Good Morning. Hope you are doing well. Thank you for contacting us. I can see that you
have contacted us regarding the complaint about the hub delivery. I am really sorry for the unpleasant
experience you had. Please not to worry, I can surely have a check and help you to get this sorted for you.
8:48, Nov 22
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: No point in me trying to contact Yodel via chat they just tell lies

9:56, Nov 22
Jeslin: Thank you for your patience, Alistair. I am really sorry for the delay happened, however since we are
placing a new order, it is taking a bit more time than usual, we are working on this for you, please stay
connected.
9:56, Nov 22
Alistair Skakles Unsure + Account Holder: ok
10:10, Nov 22
Jeslin: Thank you Alistair, we have successfully upgraded the order for you. Just working on the collect plus
delivery for you and I will be right back.

10:26, Nov 22
Jeslin: I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, Alistair. As we are working on this for you, you
will receive the hub 4 within 3-5 days and we will email you the information about the collect plus store
details and I have documented the concern on the account for you so that this will be taken care for you. I
assure you for that

another thing I have made contact via webchat and said I wanted to make a complaint on all occasions

At NO time has a reference number been given to me and there are no complaints visible that are being looked at on my account

Anyone from VM care to comment on this?

Thanks for coming back to us @AlistairS.

I would like to apologise that no complaint has been raised at any point for the issues that you've had with your delivery and trying to get a new hub sent out to you.

Would you like to raise a complaint with me now? If so, please respond to the private message that I will send over in a moment and I can get this raised for you.

Regards,

Steven_L