cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel - non delivery of new Hub for 1Gig - come get it yourself???

AlistairS
On our wavelength

Sat in yesterday waiting on the delivery of the repalcement hub  sent out:

Spoiler

19/11/21

10:39

Your parcel is on the way but the driver has experienced a short delay. Please check back for updates

Checked back all day and night no updates.  Contacted them via the chat and got lied too.  Said it would be delivered Saturday.  Have just checked trcking again:

Spoiler
19/11/21
20:20
Please arrange to collect your parcel from our depot by using the Manage your parcel feature above

Translation " we can't be **bleep** delivering your parcel, come get it yourself" ???

Can you look into this for me please?

I am not travelling from Denny to Livingston because they can't be bothered
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

spell
Knows their stuff

@Hayley_S wrote:

Hello @AlistairS,

Raising a complaint would just be for your dissatisfaction, we can not tell a 3rd party how to run things for 'improvements' 

I am sorry for everything that has happened, you can also raise this on our code of practice.

Many thanks, 

FALSE INFORMATION - Delivery of items is 100% the responsibility of VM and the customer should not be involved in chasing up third party dodgy delivery companies - that is totally the responsibility of VM while they continue to use them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

57 REPLIES 57

AlistairS
On our wavelength

dialogue from chat this morning. no further forward, plase help

Spoiler

Arpit Sharma 08:26:56: Good morning, Alistair. How can I help you today?

Alistair Skakles 08:27:28: Hi Arpit, same as yesterday can you please look at the tracking info?

Arpit Sharma 08:29:25: I do understand the concern. I will surely help you related to your parcel. Allow me a few minutes so that I can check the details for you.

Alistair Skakles 08:29:51: So no attempt was made to delivery yesterday, combined with myself and neighbour we waited in and a delivery attmept wasn't even done. I looked at the tracking during the night and it was expecting me to pick it up? I therefore put in a request for delivery today but don't want to be stuck in for a second no for no reason

Arpit Sharma 08:31:38: Thank you for your patience, Alistair.

Arpit Sharma 08:31:52: I can see that your parcel has an expected delivery date of today.

Arpit Sharma 08:32:21: I can also see that the parcel has been assigned for delivery and will be out soon.

Alistair Skakles 08:33:24: is it definatley coming out today? I don't want to waste any more of my time off waiting in for no reason

Arpit Sharma 08:33:38: You can track your parcel here: https://www.yodel.co.uk/tracking/JD0002251297683586/FK65FL

Arpit Sharma 08:34:35: I do understand your concern, However, I would like you to wait for the attempt as it has been assigned for delivery. The tracking will be updated once out for delivery.

Alistair Skakles 08:35:23: I have that link thanks anyway. What is the latest delivery could happen?

Alistair Skakles 08:36:39: You see yesterday, as you can see nothing was updated from 10:39 hrs so had to assume it was still coming and wasn't

Arpit Sharma 08:37:31: Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Alistair Skakles 08:37:46: after i constantly kept coming back to the link for updates as it says. Subsequently the whole day was wasted

Arpit Sharma 08:38:13: However, As the expected date is of today and your parcel has been assigned to tour. You can expect the parcel today.

Alistair Skakles 08:39:56: so what time is the latest time they will deliver please? Given that it was out for delivery yesterday as well and never made it?

Arpit Sharma 08:41:58: I do understand your concern. However, I can not confirm a particular time. However, you will receive a two-hour delivery notification. Prior to your delivery.

Alistair Skakles 08:42:17: ok thanks

wasted another day waiting for these Yodel pricks

Spoiler

Jitendra Pal 15:18:09: Good afternoon, Alistair. How are you doing today?

Alistair Skakles 15:19:07: Not good, this is the second day I have sat at home waiting on the yodel delivery

Alistair Skakles 15:20:28: as far as I can see no attempt is being made for the consigment to even leave your site in Livingston on either day

Jitendra Pal 15:20:44: I understand that you have received the parcel however the content is missing. I'll be happy to help you with this, let me look into this and assist you further.

Alistair Skakles 15:21:04: NO, look at your tracking info please

Alistair Skakles 15:21:58: sorry parcel journey, if you could can really call it that

Jitendra Pal 15:22:24: I apologise for the inconvenience. The unprecedented demand leading to a short delay in some postcodes served by this service center. We are locating your parcel now. It'll be out for delivery as soon as possible.

Alistair Skakles 15:23:41: yes, but i was told this yesterday so stayed in didn't happen. Was told again today it would be delivered not even left yet same as yesterday

Jitendra Pal 15:23:55: We have an update from the depot that there is a delay, however, we are trying our best to fix this as soon as possible. The current status will be updated after overnight.

Alistair Skakles 15:24:38: so i have waisted ANOTHER DAY sitting in my house!

Alistair Skakles 15:25:01: you don't deliver sunday and I am back to work on Monday

Jitendra Pal 15:25:10: I know you are not satisfied with us at this time, we'll make sure that it'll not be repeated and we'll try our best to give you the best experience for further.

Alistair Skakles 15:25:47: this is a waste of time

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When it comes to customer service, Virgin Media and Yodel are perfect partners. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I feel you, Yodel are the worst. Got a hub 4 delivered other week. Got the standard email, it will be there soon between 07 00 and 21.00. Got a text at 18.00 telling me my 2hr window was 18.30 to 20.30. Already had been waiting since 07.00 unable to go out or do anything. Why the hell can't they text at like 09.00 like dpd thats is gonna be 18 30 to 20 30.

Worst thing is I've got it all again to do in a week when hub 5 comes. I'm considering just going to work as normal if they ain't gonna fetch it till 20.30 again.

Pity we can't request delivery by a different company like dpd, I'd even consider paying the difference if any.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @AlistairS,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any issues with Yodel.

I can see this post was made on Saturday, have you received your parcel now?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Nope, (no surprises)

I was in touch with VM yesterday via online chat and am back on again now.  Asked for cancellation of existing one and to send out another to a collectplus shop or better still use a proper courier!

Got the email from VM: Thanks for making those changes!

However, nothing about a new Hub being sent and when I checked on the app nothing about an order!

Got an email yesterday sa

Still on hold with the chat since 0855 hrs with virgin.  What a joke of a company virgin and Yodel blind leading the blind springs to mind.

Spent from 14:20 hrs this afternoon until I end the chat at 19:31 hrs  getting absolutely NOWHERE.

I have had enough, direct debit cancelled and said on the chat to send me something for my hub3 back if they want it.