cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel No Show AGAIN

grahil23
On our wavelength

Yet again a contract renewal and all the promises in the world. Today (7th Sept 21) My new kit was supposed to arrive for a self-install between 8 am - 6pm. I am still owed the WIFI booster kit from my last contract renewal! Why does VM use Yodel? They never turn up. A complete waste of a day!!??

Anyone here can help at all? I am so annoyed AGAIN!

11 REPLIES 11

asim18
Fibre optic

Have you been given a tracking number?

I had the exact same problem with Yodel, they simply didn't turn up on the scheduled day.

So I tracked it online and found out it had been delivered to a neighbour. Checked both neighbours, no sign of the modem. Then called up yodel and they told me it had been delivered to a "neighbour" about 40 doors down. No sign of a card either so I would never have found the parcel had I not called them up.

So yeah check tracking info and try give yodel a call in the morning.

Also in regards to your question on why does Virgin Media use Yodel. Companies generally use cheapest couriers in order to maximise take home pay for executives. So cheaper the courier used, the more money the executives get to take home. So if you need to send 500 modems a year using the cheap option it may cost £2 a pop, that's £1000 on modem logistics for the year. But if you use a proper courier like DPD or UPS it may cost £6 per modem, that equates to £3000 per year. That means a lucky executive can pocket a £2000 a year bonus just for using a cheaper courier. Obviously the bonus amount will vary depending on the actual shipping volumes but I hope that answers your question.

grahil23
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for the reply, no tracking number and VM support still telling me it is on the way tonight. Very frustrating and have no idea what is happening at all 😞 I the business ethics but this is just going too far. This is almost every order from VM!

Cheers 

When Virgin Media told you it's on the way tonight, you should have immediately asked for a tracking number so you can check for yourself.

I had the same problem too, the rep on the phone lied and told me it was scheduled for the next day, but when I asked to check for myself he gave me a fake tracking number.

Make sure you have the yodel website open when you ask for a tracking number, if they give you a fake tracking number tell them immediately that the tracking number provided is fake. I was lucky when it happened to me as I was on my computer and I simply put the digits he gave me straight into the yodel website. He was actually surprised when I told him the tracking info he had just provided me was fake.

grahil23
On our wavelength

good point! I suppose you can be to trusting 😞

Cheers

The forum team is brilliant though, in my case they were able to give the correct tracking number and the correct date. So I'm sure one of the support staff here will be here soon to help you with your delivery.

grahil23
On our wavelength

Well, the delivery never happened and would love one of the support people here to help me out 🙂

Hi grahil23,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear there have been some delays with your delivery.

Have you received this since your post?

Please do let us know if you still need help with this.

Alex_Rm

grahil23
On our wavelength

Hi,

Yes, as soon as VM released the box Yodel delivered it on time the next day. not happy with the advice from the support staff, they just told me what I wanted to hear rather than solve the problem! Was due on the 7th and it arrived on the 9th !!

Cheers

Graham

I'm having the exact same issue. Except when I have the tracking number and virgin has not even sent the parcel yet. Was due on the 8th it's now the 10th and it still has not been sent to yodel. Again same issue with customer services absolutely useless in my opinion did not help me at all was passed from person to person before I litterly just gave up.