Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wrong wall socket

Hi I received my new Hub 3 on Friday but soon realized we have the wrong wall socket. It doesn’t have a name on it but definitely isn’t a VM one.

I do have an adapter but the connection still won’t work. There is a green light and the power light is flashing green.

I can’t get hold of anyone at VM and am nervous about leaving it on using an adapter.

Does any one have any advice please ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong wall socket

Can you post a photo of the wall socket that you do have please ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

37FF3717-97BB-41F7-85DA-458C8865143C.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They won’t let me post the photo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

as asked above and do some investigation - start outside with the wall bax - usually on a wall facing the road - look for any cable coming from it that are not coming up from the ground - follow those if they exist and see where they go into the property - if there are non look on the inside where the wall box is outside as many cable just go through the wall

not all installations have internal boxes or they have been removed and the cable left sticking out - that may be what you have 

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thats just an aerial socket - see my post above and start outside - there will have been VM there in the past

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. We just recently moved last week and there doesn’t seem to be any other cables including phone lines but I can ask the builders who were working here.

0 Kudos