Menu
AMW3
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wrong socket - Engineer needed

Can someone tell me the easiest way to get in touch about an engineer visiting my property? I’ve just moved in and had ordered the self start kit (which was delivered late) but there looks to only be an Openreach socket at the property. Considering I’m supposedly paying from the 15th it’s not great service, surely VM can see if they don’t have a line here at the point of ordering? Always could when I worked for another relic provider. Help!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong socket - Engineer needed

If they have offered a self-install there was a customer previously at the property.

Unfortunately, Virgin do not have CCTV at customers properties to see if in the meantime someone has ripped out all the sockets & cables that are required for the service.

I can only suggest you contact customer service again & request a manned install. Until you activate your kit you will not be billed for services.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
AMW3
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks although I do understand they don’t have cctv 👍🏻. I have tried contacting customer service though unfortunately it’s not the easiest thing to do. I sent the GO text as first instructed when I came to install but only then been able to confirm the socket situation. Was hoping there was a way to book the engineer through My Virgin rather than wasting my evening on hold but can’t find anything.

Thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AMW3,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look further into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

Eve_walker
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

I have had the same problem. Please could you let me know how to contact virgin to send an engineer to install the right box? Been having difficulty getting ahold of anyone on the help line and the chat doesn’t seem to be working either. 

Many thanks,

Eve 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eve,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having the same issue.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look further into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos