cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong power cable sent with new hub

Starr11
Joining in

Received my new hub today to set up after moving into a new property however the power source is the wrong one. It says should have a blue sticker and it just does not fit in. I have tried to call and couldn't get through and was waiting over 4 hours on live chat. Can someone please advise what to do 

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Starr11 wrote:

<snip>    Can someone please advise what to do 

Either phone in again, preferably at 08:00 as queues are shortest, or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.  It will take a few days in either case for the PSU to get to you via post. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Starr11,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had some complications with the power supply unit for your router. Have you contacted the team to get one sent out since your post? If not, can you please provide a photo of the power supply unit you have and confirm what model of router you have?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello 

Update - Spoke to members on the 7th and 10th to request a power source saying they would send one out an would take 3-5 days to arrive. Was told this has been sent out and will get an email. Called again on the 11th as no email and was told to wait for this. Called again on the 14th and was told there is a delay and is taking 8 - 10 days for a delivery and still no email. I keep getting emails to say my account is activated so I am very frustrated with Virgin so far! I am using so much data from my phones hot spot. I tried telling this to the advisors online however no customer support. Just kept telling me there is a delay.  They are now arranging a technician to come on the 22nd Jan. So far virgin, I am not a happy customer. I am understanding however when I applied on the 1st of Jan for the broadband and I am still waiting is beyond a joke!

Hello Starr11

I can look at seeing is we can get a Technician in the area to drop one off for you 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security and get your address 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

HI Starr11

Thanks for those details 

I have just asked if we have a technician in your area than can pop a power supply through the letterbox as soon  as possible 

I will keep you updated 

Gareth_L

Thank you that would be a great help

Hi Starr11

I have checked with Gareth_L and he has confirmed a power supply unit was due to be dropped off that day? Was this the case?

Rob

Hi Rob, Yes thank you someone posted this through the door. 

I have an email with my first bill of £50 to say billing from 6th Jan even though I only activated this 2 days ago.... I know it's not your fault however slightly frustrated 😞

Thanks Again

Hi @Starr11,

Glad to hear you've received this now and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

In regards to the experience and the bill, I can look to raise this as a complaint if you wish?

I'll send you a PM now. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs