cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Cable received in Quickstart box

AshDibden
Tuning in

I have been sent the wrong cable in my quickstart box on Saturday. I called in the evening after work and they said theybwould order me a new cable. On the Sunday I was told my Internet was activated so charges would begin even though I could not use it yet. On the Monday (today) I called and asked about the cable as I had not been sent an email confirming the delivery, I was told on Saturday it would arrive by Tuesday at the latest. I have been told today that the cable wasn't even order so they will order one today, and it will take 3-4 days to arrive. So I am having to go nearly a week without Internet that I will still be charged for. Awful service.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

9 REPLIES 9

stabilo00
Fibre optic

Is it definately the wrong cable or do you just need one of these

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Z92
Trouble shooter

It might be best to post a photo or 2 of what cables you already have and what cables you have been sent. There might be a easier solution.

AshDibden
Tuning in

To clarify I was sent a hub 3 power cable with the hub 4 router. I am waiting to be sent a hub 4 power cable.

That seems to be happening a lot these days.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post Ashdibden, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums

We're terribly sorry to hear of the error when delivering the services to you.

Do please advise us when the cable has arrived and the services are active and we will seek to deduct the days you've not had the services from the pricing of the pending bill on the account

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Cable arrived and was set up at about 10pm on Friday in the end.

Thanks for the update AshDibden, glad to hear this has been received and you've been able to get this all set up.

If you need us in the future please let us know.

Rob

AshDibden
Tuning in

I have now my first bill and it has not been reduced even though I had to wait a week after I got the router to actually be able to use it. So not only did I have to pay extra to get more data thanks to Virgin Media messing up, I also now have to pay for Internet I could not use for a week. On top of that the claimed 512mb is so far off what it actually is, I'm averaging under 100mb per second. 

Truly terrible quality of both the interner service and customer service. I had been told I would have my first bill reduced due to being sent the wrong power cable, yet it turns out that was a lie. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AshDibden, 

I am sorry to hear of your experience. 

I would be happy to take a closer look in to this for you but I will need to clarify some details first. 

I am going to pop you over a private message now and we can go from there. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat