Menu
sheikhf2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Address, have tried to switch using virgin media webchat nothing has been done.

I made a mistake when setting up my account and used the wrong address, once I realised I tried getting in touch literally every single way possible. I'm talking email, text, webchat and phone to attempt to change my address. Once I got through to someone on the webchat, I was assured the problem had been fixed however it had not. The Quickstart was still sent out to the wrong address, the homeowner of the address contacted me telling me their wifi had been cut off and I attempted to call Virgin Media's customer service helpline only to find that my account was still attached to the wrong address and nothing had been done.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Address, have tried to switch using virgin media webchat nothing has been done.

I would try phoning at 8am tomorrow morning when customer services opens. This is a customer driven forum with staff backup, so it could be several days before a staff member responds to this thread.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sheikhf2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Address, have tried to switch using virgin media webchat nothing has been done.

Thanks, I took your advice and called them at 8am today. Got through to two different customer service advisors each telling me a different thing. The first one tells me the address has been changed so I asked him why the homeowner of the wrong address had their internet cut off and why the QuickStart package was still sent to his address, at this point he says he will transfer me and I get disconnected instead.

Called up again, got through to another person who told me the address had not been changed and said I would have to wait until 9am to talk to the relevant department. He also said he would cancel the QuickStart order and when I asked if I would then have to wait another 2 weeks he said he isn't sure but it is possible.

Waited until 9am, got through to a man named Sean who then told me the relevant department was not open on weekends (wish I had been told that the first time) and told me he would call me back tomorrow. I asked him if he knew whether I would have to wait another 2 weeks for the QuickStart installation and he said he doesn't see why I would have to.

So I've had 2 customer service advisors telling me the address has been changed, had another 2 tell me it has not. The operator over the phone still reads out the incorrect address when it detects my phone number. The Yodel delivery was still sent out to the incorrect address and the homeowner of the incorrect address had his internet cut off. This is all after having been assured that everything had been sorted over the first inital Webchat. I'm a new Virgin Media customer and I quickly starting to realise they are unreliable and disorganized.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to have everything on record and as you can imagine, I'm pretty frustrated.

0 Kudos
sheikhf2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to update, after 5 calls with Virgin Media and after having been told numerous different conflicting things, I have now got this sorted. Not because of their good customer service, nope. I got it sorted because I chose not to trust what the person over the phone told me when they said the 'relevant department was not open over the weekend'. I then rang up another few times just to double check if they were in fact closed (news flash they were not, I was lied to) and then after having everything sorted out, rang up again to double check the details associated with my account had indeed been changed because apparently this is necessary when the company itself cannot keep track of their own records.

As a new customer, this is a disgraceful first experience. Virgin Media need to sort themselves out. They will literally lie to you over the phone and give you false information about the status of your own account. Double check everything with them, be persistent and keep your own records. They clearly cannot be trusted.

0 Kudos