cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Works planned near my house

Dazzer0_o
Joining in

Screenshot_20220425-225929_Chrome.jpgHi,

I can not currently get virgin media, there is some work planned near my house in July does this mean your services are coming????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM does a lot of other things than provide cable services to domestic customers. They also provide a lot of backhaul for mobile services. On one network this permit points to an Openreach DSLAM box, so this is likely to be either a business connection or related to mobile backhaul. Also the fact it is totally isolated would not point to network build, which would show as a different permit on every street corner.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM does a lot of other things than provide cable services to domestic customers. They also provide a lot of backhaul for mobile services. On one network this permit points to an Openreach DSLAM box, so this is likely to be either a business connection or related to mobile backhaul. Also the fact it is totally isolated would not point to network build, which would show as a different permit on every street corner.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dazzer0_o
Joining in

Oh well that sucks, thanks for the response

Looks like i was right virgin have been pulling cables across my whole area. They have just layed a new duct out side of my house.

Could someone advise a timeline for activation?

Hi @Dazzer0_o

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Great to hear about the cabling. I shall send you a PM to get some details from you

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Dazzer0_o

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me those details, I've done the form for you now and one of the team will contact you within 10 working days.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, I never heard anything back in the end....

Hey there @Dazzer0_o, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry that no response was given.
I have filled out the form again for you with the details found in the previous chat.
If any details are different, let me know and I'll invite you to a private chat where we can correct them.
Hopefully a response should be soon.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs