Menu
AndyShaw
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wireless Printer Connection.

I have just changed from Sky to Virgin and I am now unable to print to my Canon MG5650 from my laptop or Airprint.  I have successfully connected the printer to the Hub but the device name that is defined on the Hub is "unknown".  This definition has the correct IP Address and MAC address of the printer.  When I try to re-install the printer from my laptop it does not find it on the network.  I don't want to connect my printer via USB because of locations of devices so can someone please help me to get the printer correctly defined on the Hub.  Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
spikey673
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wireless Printer Connection.

Giving the printer the correct name on the hub won’t make it work.

however it’s easy to do, when you sign into the hub, scroll down on the initial page and click just below “unknown” and then you can select the device type and re name it.

to get it to work properly again, run the originally supplied installation disc on your pc/laptop, if you no longer have that, go onto the manufacturer website where you can typically download the software to run, ( delete it if you already have it installed first )

report back how it goes 👍🏻

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks
AndyShaw
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless Printer Connection.

Hi Spikey.

Thanks for the response.  It worked perfectly in the end.  I left the name as the MAC address and I had to reboot the Hub before the changes took effect.  You have saved me a lot of issues so thanks again.

Andy