Menu
Paul-G-1878
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Winstanley Wigan installation.

hi,

just wondering if signing up on here would give a little more insight into whether or not my house was getting Virgin broadband any time soon.

been with sky forever and regularly checking in vain when I can switch to virgin but it doesn't appear to be anytime soon. 

Cherrybrook Drive

winstanley

wigan

wn3 6lb

if someone had a more detailed response than the postcode checker and I could get more details that would be great. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
CybeRocK
Dialled in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Winstanley Wigan installation.

Hi,

The post code checker is your quickest way to check and checking it myself, it states the service is unavailable. But if for example your next door neighbour has the service, you can always ask them if they can send a surveyor out to see if your residence can be connected. Best of luck!

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul-G-1878,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 
We already have a full 2018 roll out planned as well as most of 2019 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with your information Paul-G-1878 🙂 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul-G-1878, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The team have come back to say: This is attached to an NBU (28450) which no longer looks active after some premises were released.

This means there were plans but these have since ceased. I'm trying to see if there is any way we can get this re-looked at again. Once I have an update, I'll be in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul-G-1878, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked further in to this. 

The teams have come back to me today to advise there are no plans to get this re-looked at for now. This could change in future but we'd be looking at 2020 now. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Paul-G-1878
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Hi there not been on for a while but we spoke quite a while back, do you have any new information regarding cabling my street to get your broadband? when we last spoke you didn't have anything to go by but today i have been on the live chat and the person i spoke with said they have submitted permit plans for my street.

the address is...

[REMOVED]

[REMOVED]

[REMOVED]

[REMOVED]

The funny thing is streets all around me have full access to Virgin services but somehow my street has been missed, if you could give me an update whether there is one then that would be great.

Regards,

[REMOVED]

mobile[REMOVED]

[Mod Edit – Removed Personal Information ]

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Please do not post personal info on the boards here.

This is a public forum & you are just begging to be targeted by scammers.

Thanks.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Paul-G-1878
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ok no worries, the address is there at the beginning of the post but i here what you are saying about the mobile and name etc.

Ok so going forward how do i go about getting an answer on my question is there a way of contacting the person i spoke with last?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Paul-G-1878 wrote:

Ok no worries, the address is there at the beginning of the post but i here what you are saying about the mobile and name etc.

Ok so going forward how do i go about getting an answer on my question is there a way of contacting the person i spoke with last?

Kath no longer works for Virgin as she was based at the Swansea contact centre which has now been closed. Another of the forum team should respond soon.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos