cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will virgin media respond!

daviesfoley
Tuning in

First I’m told I can’t have an install of fibre even though next door have it and I have a main connection point opposite the house.

then I’m told by a moderator on this forum that I can and that someone will come back to me.

now after spending 15min on an 0845 number I’m once more told it’s not possible. 
will someone give me a straight answer so that I can get some Wi-Fi!

13 REPLIES 13

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Virgin Media sell a cabled service not Wi-Fi. If you want a Wi-Fi service you’ll need to look for a satellite broadband provider.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

daviesfoley
Tuning in

In reply to the helpful response 

ok not Wi-Fi….. fibre broadband!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Be clear, accurate and concise. VM staff do monitor the board, but it takes 2 or 3 days to get a response. Other members try to help. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Apologies 

I thought that by stating that I am looking to install fibre it would clear enough.

as mentioned. If virgin media can respond to either this post or perhaps the  previous conversation with a moderator then that would be great.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daviesfoley

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you responded to the private message sent by our agent on the previous post?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good evening Travis_M

i have responded to VM Jon however I have not had a reply since My reply and that was 4 hours ago.

I have also not had a reply from Joe-c who told me over a week ago that my request was possible and that someone would call me to facilitate my installation. 

Hence my frustration in waiting since December 23 and being told that it was both possible and impossible to install fibre. Especially since my neighbour is a customer of virgin and there is an existing Fibre run to their house!

so Travis _m. Will you be able to give me an answer?

@daviesfoley I understand you want a response from VM, and that's fine, but I'd just draw your attention to the rather frequent problems VM are having making timely connections for new customers.  Delays of weeks and daily changes to installation dates are common, in some cases customers are waiting many months, sometimes after months of prevarication VM announce that a property is "unserviceable" because the cost of connection exceeds the budget they set internally (and your neighbour having VM has little bearing upon that risk). 

None of this need prevent you from signing up if VM agree to connect you, and when it works properly VM is a good service, but the key point of this post is that if you get a promised install date, you should not rely on that date in any way - keep any existing ISP contract in place until after a VM connection is in place and working properly.  Attempting to cancel an existing ISP on the expected date of a VM install might save you a few quid, but equally is a good way of finding yourself with no landline or internet.

Search the forum for posts featuring the word delays if you want examples.

Andrew G

as per my post!

VM did agree to connect me

then after chasing customer services based in who knows where (on the 2nd call because the phone was put down on me the 1st time) I was told it wasn’t possible 

then via a PM from a VM contact on here I was told that a mistake had been made and I could be connected, and that they would contact me to facilitate that.

then after a week of no contact I call up customer service again and they tell me no it’s not possible!!

and then I posts this on here in an attempt to get a straight answer.

I don’t have have any internet apart from 4g due to just moving house and VM assuring me an install was possible.

i would like the performance that virgin fibre can offer but the experience Iv had due to customer service  and VM representatives on here not doing what they have said they would do is shocking. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daviesfoley

Please do not send unsolicited private messages as this is against our forums rules, one of our agents has already private messaged you and if you reply to this, they can take a look into this for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs