cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will virgin cover to the end of our street?

davidmc01
Settling in

Hi,

Been looking to order faster broadband from Virgin as the speeds we can get from BT aren't great - when checking our postcode (WA4 5DP), it appears that the last 10 properties or so on the street have been missed, and aren't able to get service.

I've filled out the enquiry form a couple of times which says i'll hear back within 10 days but never got a reply, just wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any plans soon to extend coverage to reach these last few houses on the street so I could order? Bit of a pain when it seems everyone else near me can order Gig1 and I'm stuck without!

4 REPLIES 4

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I am happy to assist you with this query.

Please private message me your full address with postcode, also your name and contact should I need to reach you directly.

You may get other private messages from other forum members so please only send your details to me to prevent any confusion.

Thanks in advance

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Many thanks for the quick reply, have DM'ed.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It will all depend on whether expansion is viable. Looking at the build around Warrington you are just beyond the last cabinet on the southern section of the original 1990s build. You won't get a service from this cabinet, as you are beyond the maximum operating distance from it.

The area is legacy Hybrid Fibre Coaxial build, & there is a finite limit to the number of cabinets that can be connected to each part of the system. So whether you end up with a service depends on two factors. If there is any spare capacity to add another HFC cabinet without degrading the performance of the rest of the network segment. Or whether Virgin consider the even bigger expence of putting a new fibre cabinet in to serve just a few houses on the boundry of the existing build.

Best of luck.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

paulkerdot
Joining in

Virgin are expanding in my area with the exception of my street. Frustrating is not the word. I’ve been in touch with expansion works cro. I got an explanation but it still doesn’t make sense to me. So, I’m stuck on a long fttc line. 😢