cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod light stay on

CherryDarling
Joining in

Hi 👋 new to Virgin BB, so please go easy on me! Had BB for about 2 months, blackspots in sons bedroom so ordered wifi pod 2 weeks ago. Plugged it in, all seemed fine for about a week or so. Now the light just stays on all the time. Have tried moving it, but the light still stay on. Help, my sons driving me mad with his constant moaning that he's got no internet!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Pod may have lost it's registration with the Hub?  Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Try placing the Pod beside the Hub for a while to see if that helps?

Also note, the Pods do not go in a backspot, but should be halfway between the blackspot and the Hub. If the Pod is in the blackspot, it will struggle to get a signal from the Hub, hence the halfway placement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Pod may have lost it's registration with the Hub?  Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Try placing the Pod beside the Hub for a while to see if that helps?

Also note, the Pods do not go in a backspot, but should be halfway between the blackspot and the Hub. If the Pod is in the blackspot, it will struggle to get a signal from the Hub, hence the halfway placement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @CherryDarling,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for the first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your wifi pod. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Was the great advice given by @Adduxi useful? You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-intelligent-wifi 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs