Menu
Highlighted
Bennyc33
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi boosters stopped working

I had my package installed around 4 months ago now and included was wifi boosters as I had several black spots around my property the engineer said. He connected the small wires booster and then 2 larger boosters. Within 4 weeks the large booster downstairs just disconnected. I tried several times to reconnect it,restart it etc but would not work. I called virgin and they told me a few trouble shooting that I had already done then said if I want an engineer out it's a £40 charge. I left it and worked with just the 1 upstairs.  Now this 1 has done exactly the same thing just disconnected and will not reconnect to the smaller booster or the hub and they are not showing on the virgin connect app. Again called virgin to be asked "have you unplugged it and switch it back on again" I said yes and then was told £40 if I want anyone to come out and look at it. Iv had 2 engineer visit since installing for connection issues but it is still very bad. The wifi signal is next to 0 as soon as you walk up 3 steps and gaming upstairs in not possible.  I was told I would get 100-200meg average but sometimes I'm lucky to get 30. I have no idea where to go next as virgin are not interested as long as the bill is paid. Iv even had 2 complaint closed  without even a phone call as they see no issues.  Any advice would help. 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi boosters stopped working

Lets give people a hub that can do router mode they said it be fine...then lets give people wifi boosters they said it be fine. Look VM are giving out cheap hardware that breaks half the time just get your own router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi boosters stopped working

Hi Bennyc33,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you've been experiencing issues using your WiFi Boosters, we can certainly look to resolve this for you.

Could you please confirm what happens when you try to reset the boosters? Have you tried resetting all of them at once and starting from scratch?

In taking a look at the backend of your services, I can see that there are a number of devices reporting as too close to your hub. These are likely interfering with your wireless network and could be part of the problem. Please take a look at our WiFi Wins if you'd like further information.

Please bear in mind that the advertised speeds are based on the cabled speed entering your property. Wireless connections aren't always a true reflection of the service being received by the hub. Have you performed any speedtests via ethernet cables?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos