Menu
Highlighted
LeanneChe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi - Booster

I was full of hope when I received the new WIFI booster kit from VM. I opted for paying £40 for having someone installed it, but it arrived with the promise that it would be easy to install, so installation staff to do it...fine...

I then learn that the WIFI booster has two parts, one of which has to be permanently plugged into the Hub. Well, I don't have any available ports in the back of the hub. All ports are used for essential functions.

So I called the VM helpline, and I sadly get one of these incredibly unhelpful staff members, who is simply incapable of actually helping with with anything outside the script. Her answers were NO to everything I asked, which may have helped me.

So, can I please have someone from VM, who is actually prepared to help me solve this challenge?

Kind regards

Leanne

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi - Booster

If you still want to use the wifi boosters your only option would be buying a network switch to use with the Hub to provide additional network ports, you can pick one of these up from Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-GS305-100UKS-Gigabit-Ethernet-Wallmount/dp/B00TV4A96Q), they're reasonably cheap (£12.99 for the one I've linked) however you need to make sure you get one that's rated for gigabit ethernet.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And it will need another mains socket for its power supply. 

0 Kudos
LeanneChe
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dear friends,

THANK YOU. 

But isn't it ironic that this was exactly what the helpline at Virgin Media told me I was NOT ABLE to do!!!

Many thanks for your time 

Leanne

0 Kudos