cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi not connecting to hub 5

Rob9987
Joining in

Recently upgraded my internet to 1gig and received the hub 5.  The WiFi pod I already that was working with the hub 3 worked fine. 

Now IV swapped to the hub 5 the pod will not connect, even though it's in the same place and only around 10 feet away. 

3 REPLIES 3

TableTop
Up to speed

This is something which crops up on here fairly regularly, the pods are, in a sense, tied to the hub associated with your account. That will now be the 5, but, there is often a lag of a matter of a few days, before VM’s backend system catches up and re associates the pods with the new hub.

If it has been longer than that, then you will need to call them and and arrange for them to manually ‘kick’ the system.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As above from @TableTop , but you can try calling the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pod serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Rob9987 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your pod since your hub upgrade. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. As mentioned by @TableTop it can take a while for systems to update. Are you still having issues with the pod since posting? Have you tried the great advice given by @Adduxi

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs