Menu
Carling76
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi dropping out intermittently

We have the hub 2 I think it is,our hun is in the hallway and everything runs off it WiFi.. we watch sky go through the PS4 and it keeps losing signal,the boys upstairs are on their Xbox online gaming and it keeping dropping out it will also drop out on our phones,but when we do a speed test we are getting 100+ but no internet connection. I’m sick of having to reset the router between 5 & 10 times a day and around once a week we have to reset the hub.

can anyone help 2 gamers getting booted doesn’t make a happy home lol 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi dropping out intermittently

See the 2 pink sticky posts regarding wifi on the top of the Networking & Wifi forum.  Is everything OK on a device connected by ethernet cable? 

If it is you could put the SH2 in modem mode and put your own (superior) wifi router on it to provide your wifi (its what I do) - or a wireless access point.  You could get a replacement Hub3 but these can be problematic for gamers.  You could also try connecting devices via powerline adapters - that's how my lad plays games in his room.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Carling76
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply,we’ve not tried anything using the Ethernet as it’s in the small hallway,I will try with the plugs and using a router as you suggested,I was looking at the sh3 but it put me off with havin gamers in the house. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Carling76 wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply,we’ve not tried anything using the Ethernet as it’s in the small hallway,I will try with the plugs and using a router as you suggested,I was looking at the sh3 but it put me off with havin gamers in the house. 

OK - good review of powerlines below and lots of posts in the "Networking" forum on good & suitable wifi routers to look at.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/best-powerline-adapters-3490638/

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos