Menu
mjmani
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi disconnects frequently

Hello,

I'm having irregular Wi-Fi disconnection on random devices on the same network. Once it happens I could never get them connected for long time. It's very frustrating. I'm having this router from virgin media for 3 years. I would like a replacement pls and asap. I have a desktop computer on 1st floor that I can't bring it down to connect via network cable.

I would like a replacement pls and asap.

Thanks,

Mani

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-Fi disconnects frequently

What router model do you have ? Have you tried a pinhole reset to factory settings? Do ethernet cable connected devices disconnect at the same time or is it just the wifi ones. If you only have one pc - you can test it on the upstairs PC - 20m of Cat6a cable is only £3.95 on eBay - not as a permanent solution - just to check (or ask a friend with a good laptop to drop by and test it on the cable for you).. For info on potential causes of wifi issues, see the 2 sticky "pink" posts at the top of the "Network & Wifi" forum

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mjmani
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-Fi disconnects frequently

Hello,

Thanks for your response and apologies for the late response. Email notification was hiding under the categories.

I don't know the model and I can't find it now. Will do later.

I have not tried pinhole reset or factory reset via web interface to the router.

Disconnection happens only on Wi-Fi connected devices. Hardwired devices (TV, Voip Phone) get internet when that happens. Even right now the one on 1st floor is connected to the same Wi-Fi network and no internet. Other devices are connected and have internet.

Also, disconnection happens randomly on 2.4GHz and 5GHz devices. Hardwired is never affected.

I will look for those 2 sticky posts.

Thanks,

Mani

0 Kudos