cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why yodel??

pkwatson97
Joining in

Seems like I'm the latest person to fall foul if yodel bull...

Delivery of new hub was due 14/12/21. Delayed by a day. Tracking showed it was out for delivery 15/12/21, yodel driver says he attempted delivery but left a calling card. No delivery attempted at all...I was home all day. No card left.

Rearranged delivery for 17/12/21. Tracking was not updated until this afternoon and said it was delivered at 9am this morning. No it was not yodel again I was in and no attempt was made. Spoke to yodel advisors who said check with neighbours or safe places. I have no safe place preference set with yodel. If the driver had actually came to deliver my new hub there would be no need to leave it elsewhere as I was home.

So why does Virgin media use yodel?  I've never had any issues with customer service from virgin. My only guess re their continued use of yodel is that its cheaper to do so...but is that worth the cost of annoying your loyal customers virgin media?

I hope someone from virgin media can  get in touch with me to see if anything can be done to resolve this.

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

jem101
Superstar

@pkwatson97 wrote:

My only guess re their continued use of yodel is that its cheaper to do so...

Bingo!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

They use yodel because they have the same service standards. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, pkwatson97

Sorry to hear that you had delivery issues with Yodel. Has everything been sorted since your post? Is there any update on the Yodel site regarding the package whereabouts?  Let us know if you still help with this and we can help resolve.

Cheers,

Corey C

Oxonian
Joining in

I'm not sure whether to be relieved it's not just me or despondent that it's not just me! Extremely disappointing not to be given an option of another courier or even Click and Collect by Virgin when Yodel repeatedly fail to deliver. Yodel are getting more creative in their reasons for not delivering to us, the latest is "We were told they'd moved". We've only been here 34 years, are on the local WhatsApp group and in regular touch with our neighbours and have no intention to move but hey ho.

When I first saw Yodel referred to as Virgin Media's 'trusted partner' my heart sank and so far they are living up to my opinion of them - absolutely appalling in my area. DPD excellent, Hermes after a rough start now excellent, DHL hit and miss, Amazon - tendency to throw things over the gates but can be good, Yodel - their tracking gets them within 5 stops and then disappears to be followed 10 minutes later with some excuse. Just out of interest has anyone ever had a card put through their letterbox saying that Yodel tried to deliver or are these cards like unicorns?

Well after yodel insisting they delivered on Friday but had not and after lots of chasing around I was told I need to tell virgin I've not had delivery and they must have lost my parcel.

So contacted virgin, advisor arranged for an engineer to come out with a new hub this week.

Then I got an email from yodel to say the parcel which I was told had been delivered is now out for delivery and will be with me this afternoon.

I'm not going to hold my breath but should the parcel miraculously appear I'll cancel my engineer appointment.

What an utter mess and faff on to get sorted. Hope virgin reconsider who they use as their courier 

Hi do not not cancel the engineer visit let them come and install for you, if by chance yodel do turn up don't sign for the parcel so they will have to return it to virgin, not you. Regards Micky

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pkwatson97

Thanks for the update. I'm so sorry to hear that Yodel have given you mixed messages regarding if your parcel has been lost, I understand how frustrating this must be and I apologise for any stress this has caused.

I would advise keeping the engineer visit booked so that we can install your services. Should Yodel deliver the Hub to you after this, let us know and we can arrange for return packaging for the additional Hub.

Kind regards,

Serena

Our saga continues. Yodel came up with a great reason for not delivering on the third attempt - they claimed they were told we'd moved. To be fair it's not the first time they've used this reason but we've never heard it from any other courier and we've lived here 34 years.

When Virgin Media accepted Yodel weren't going to deliver we were assured a new Hub 5 would be despatched for delivery and we asked for it to be sent via a different courier or click and collect. First we were told we could have it via click and collect and then were told a manager had authorised for it to be despatched for delivery within 2 business days no mention of how it would be sent despite me pleading "not Yodel". It didn't arrive so yet another Livechat to find out where the new one was. No answer to that question or why it hadn't shown up on our account page. So another promise for another Hub 5 to be sent out on Monday 20 Dec for delivery Wednesday. This time we were told there was no option for choosing click and collect or a different courier it was Yodel or nothing. Guess what? Yes, no sign of a parcel and nothing appeared on the account page. Today I was informed that due to a technical glitch it hadn't been despatched. I suspect neither had the one promised on the 16 Dec with the 2 business days delivery. I've now been assured that one will be sent out after Christmas and I'll be sent an email when that happens. 

Maybe Yodel aren't responsible for all of the rubbish delivery issues after all...

T0rNaDo69
Dialled in

yodel left my hub4 and two tv360 box set up kit on my doorstep for anyone to take.

ringing the door bell or knocking on the door and walking away ~DOESNT mean the person is in...

your supposed to wait till they answer the door YODEL. utter useless