Menu
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why is sign in only possible using 'username' and not email address?

Given the conflicts when setting up usernames it is really difficult to remember the specific username for virgin media community. Why can't you sign in using email address like the rest of the known universe? Each time I need to post a question (rarely) I have to reset my password by having link sent to my email address just so I can find out what my username is again. It's Kafkaesque.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is sign in only possible using 'username' and not email address?

Do you use the same password for all your accounts ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is sign in only possible using 'username' and not email address?

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately not a password issue. I know what that is based on some simple rules that creates a unique one for each service I use. It's just the username is unique, specific to Virgin Media Community, and you can't sign in just with email+password. Just bizarre.

Cheers

Tom

0 Kudos