Menu
BL0602
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why is it so difficult to get hold of the correct team?

I have a problem ongoing since last summer.  I was expecting an installation team to visit yesterday to do a fresh pull but nobody turned up.  After hours on the phone I have a technician booked to come on Monday but I think he/she is coming to check my fault and not do a fresh pull, making me think I'll end up waiting AGAIN to get another team out - despite this going on for over 6 months.  How do I get hold of someone to air my concerns and assure me the correct team will visit, as I keep getting passed around - when I eventually get through!

Di I need to complain to ofcom?

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is it so difficult to get hold of the correct team?

Ofcom are not interested in individual cases, and the governing body over VM are not interested either unless you have already raised a complaint with VM directly and have reached deadlock or 8 weeks have passed. 

Have you raised a complaint? 

BL0602
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Whats the quickest way to raise a complaint?  I've spent hours on the phone and waiting on the messaging app.  I want the issue fixed so that is what I have concentrated on, but I seem to be getting nowhere.  So frustrating!!

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The quickest way is by phone, but you can also do it by web form or by post. 

0 Kudos
BL0602
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have finally got a response via webchat.  I opened the chat at 11:13 and got a response at 13:54

0 Kudos
BL0602
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So the web-chat team have raised an official complaint, but also checked with the installations team and reassured me that the technician who comes on Monday will be able to do a fresh pull if that is what is required.  I'm dubious but I'll wait and see.

To answer the other question, can anyone advise of the different type of cable required if your phone number was ported over from BT originally?

The tech said something along the lines of 'BT won't allow us to use VOIP' or similar, so they need to use a different type of cable - which is what we must have had at the property originally but was replaced in November. Can anyone give any background to this?

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Once you've left BT I don't see how it's any of their business how the service is provided. VM used to have a dedicated telephone cable into a property, but now its all done via the router as VOIP. Maybe that's what he was talking about? Seems a little strange though. 

0 Kudos