cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have you activated new kit without telling me!!!!!

gobblebox
Tuning in

internet off. Got message this morning that virgin has activated new router. I still have old router connected. No internet. No wan ip address. If virgin have just switched off the old router without telling me THIS IS THE LAST STRAW!

17 REPLIES 17

@gobblebox wrote:

That should say

I am now getting 135mb/s down and 13.35mb/s up on a service that is supposed to now be M350 Fibre Broadband?

Is that a wired or wireless connection?

and 64.3 Mbps download and 12.6 Mbps via wifi.

wired.  half again if via wifi.

now getting 152.8 Mbps download 36.2mbps up via wifi and wired with 127ms latency.  127ms!!!

i supposed i should be pleased if it were not for the unreliability of the service and that latency.

Hi @gobblebox 👋 Thank you for your posts 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing 😔 

How have things been since you last posted? Have there been any improvements?

General advice on fixing internet problems can be found here.

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready.

Regards,

Daniel

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Daniel_Et wrote:

Hi @gobblebox👋Thank you for your posts 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing 😔 

How have things been since you last posted? Have there been any improvements?

General advice on fixing internet problems can be found here.

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready.

Regards,

Daniel

what is it with VM these days - how are things going - look here for help and thats it - what about the main/other questions - why have you activated the router without telling me - is the hub2 not ok on 350 - i and many other posters can answer all those questions but its getting to the point that i [and i guess] others cannot be bothered

VM help on here is sinking to the level of offshore - i.e. non existent - i guess its all social media reaching out and no content in that in all likelyhood you have no idea of the answers

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gobblebox, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that the equipment has been activated and when the equipment has been confirmed delivered the new hub will activate. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further and that we can ensure everything is working as it should be. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Martyn
Up to speed

hub 3 has port forwarding should be able to set it up as you had it before?

https://www.cfos.de/en/cfos-personal-net/port-forwarding/virgin-media-hub-30.htm

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)