cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have I been charged for installation?

Allan77
Joining in

6230F143-3826-4124-A313-6EF46EAD7266.jpeg

I’m confused as to why I have been charged £30 for connection. 

I signed up and was not made aware of a fee, so far I haven’t had a very good experience having virgin Media installed. It was bad enough coming home to find the cable laying across my neighbours drive completely uncovered. 

The installer that set up the router reported it apparently, but due to a rightly angry neighbour I ended up spending half a day digging out and putting the cable under the ground. I’ve enclosed a snapshot of the deal I signed up to.

7 REPLIES 7

Z92
Trouble shooter

Vm typically have 2 different fees. A setup fee and an installation fee. Sounds like you got one free and not the other. If its QuickStart then the installation fee is also free as you do it yourself. 

thanks for the reply, it would’ve been nice to have been made aware of it before signing up.

Z92
Trouble shooter

Check your contract, it should clearly state this, if it doesn't then you might have a reason to complain and have it removed from your bill, but that can't happen on the forums, you have to ring up.

The other fee is sometimes called "Manned installation fee" or something like that.

26DEE7A8-D242-4EC1-9897-3326831CDCF0.jpeg

 it says indicated items included in package price, am I missing something before I call up? 

Z92
Trouble shooter

Seems to say clearly that there's a £35 installation fee payable, but the setup fee was free

It says items marked * are included. I called up in the end and I’ve been charged £30 for activation the £35 was credited. I can’t be bothered to chase it any more, just disappointing that it could’ve been made clear. It’s apparently in the terms and conditions which I will be emailed by customer services in 24hrs. Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Z92
Trouble shooter

Yes, it says the same on mine, but where it says "Other items and charges", it says on mine £0.00, so it seemed clear you were billed for it to me.