cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does no one take responsibility for the construction team never turning up to appointments

Tjmaclean
Tuning in

I attempted to take out services in November 2021. Since then the internal work has had to be delayed 4 times as no one turns up to complete the external work (permits were given months ago & the box is less than 50m from my home). The external work has now been rescheduled in excess of 80 times (no exaggeration). I keep being told that it will be escalated to the field manage, but still nothing has happened. Do the external team actually do anything for their money? And has anyone else had this happen?

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Read this topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Constant-Pre-installation-Delays/td-p/495...

which puts forward one suggestion why contractors are not doing/delaying certain jobs related to costs (could just be one of many possible explanations, no idea if true or not).

The issue of delays is recorded on here in dozens and dozens of topics, unfortunately, and there seems to be no reliable path to break out of the cycle of VM's repeated failures.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

One obvious reason why nobody takes responsibility is because VM judge (possibly correctly) that most people will tolerate this level of service.  You've been messed about for four months, you're still queuing up to hand them your money, and presumably that's a considered decision that you'd rather wait on VM than stick with Openreach based ISPs. 

The longest known wait between a first promised connection date, and the actual install is twelve months.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tjmaclean,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise for your recent experience this is not the service we are aiming to provide.

We can certainly understand, the upset and frustration that your delayed installation has caused.

Have we given you any reason why it has taken so long or what is causing the delay?

It is normally due to construction issues or that we're having to wait for permission off the local authorities to carry out the works required.

I would be happy to take a look at your account and email the area field manager for an update for you.

Please let me know if this is something you would like me to do.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Apparently all permits were received months ago. I have line markings on the pavement. The box is less than 50m from my home. I have had 2 people turn up and take photos of my house access point. 2 people turn up to prod my house access point and say because it is blocked a new one will have to be put in - but this was all months ago. Now every time I phone I get told that it is guaranteed they will turn up to do it (but they never do)…. I don’t even have an internal appointment showing on my account now as they last one past with no outside work taking place.

the last person that turned up said that virgin had just taken on new outside contractors as KIER were useless. They also said that they guaranteed to carry out outside work with in 3 days of any issue. This again was months ago.

if you could find a genuine reason and conclusion for me I would be grateful. Thank you 

Hi @Tjmaclean,

Thank you for getting back to us and expanding on this. I'll certainly do what I can to find out what's happening for you to give you some clarity and to set expectations.

I'll send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Dashedchris
Tuning in

I'm so sorry to hear this I have been waiting since October this year for the construction team to show up truth is they never keep to their appointments they are the worst company ever