cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my broadband only work im my lounge and not the whole house

Allen12
Joining in

My broadband only works in the lounge why doesn't it work anywhere else in my home..  u live in a bungalow 1 floor 5 rooms

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you mean on wifi?

Are ethernet connected devices connecting ok?

If your walls are thick or have metal foil backed insulation then you are in a Faraday cage which is blocking the signal. Or there is external interference from other sources - or lots of other options - but there are some solutions 🙂

What Hub model is it and what package are you on?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Allen12

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am really sorry to hear of the broadband coverage issues. I fully appreciate how frustrating this must be. I have done a system check today and there is seemingly a provisioning issue with the router/system that needs clearing which hopefully will solve this issue with the coverage but if not needs clearing so we can investigate this. I have raised an order on the system for this to the faults management team. Their SLA to get this resolved is 3 working days but it could be resolved in a few hours so do keep your phone near you as they do contact you when it's resolved.

Keep me posted how you get on.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill