cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why de-activate old equipment

mygardenshed
Joining in

I’ve just upgraded to 1Gb broadband so they sent me a superhub 4. When I went to activate it the light was solid red.  Phoned helpline who cut me off.  Phoned again and they told me to wait until after midnight and it would activate. My old superhub had been auto deactivated so they managed to reactivate it. Next morning (today) same thing, solid red light. Phoned helpline again, they said I needed a virtual engineer who would call in the next 4 hours. Old superhub apparently couldn’t be reactivated. No one called in the following 4 hours so called helpline again and they have booked an engineer call in 6 days time! Why can’t you re-activate old equipment? At least I would have my old broadband speed. Why don’t they just send another superhub 4? If the old one was working fine then it’s unlikely to be anything else. Never had a problem with VM but this is hopeless. Also will my bill be credited automatically or will I have to phone the helpline yet again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you speaking to offshore CS - or the equipment activation team on - 0800 953 9500

I dont think the Hub3 works on the 1GB package as there is no config package - so cant reactivate that.  If the Hub4 is activated but not working - it must be faulty and you will need a Tech visit

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you speaking to offshore CS - or the equipment activation team on - 0800 953 9500

I dont think the Hub3 works on the 1GB package as there is no config package - so cant reactivate that.  If the Hub4 is activated but not working - it must be faulty and you will need a Tech visit

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks, I spoke to onshore and offshore.  Good news is that someone just called and has managed to get the superhub 4 working!