cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to contact when Gardner cuts thru cable

GaynorB
Joining in

Hello, asking for help please!

So gardener accidentally cut through the cable, I’ve been going round in circles to get help, eventually got thru to I guess a call centre in India who said that I can’t have an engineer until Thursday?!?!?!

I work from home & have a teenager! I have no TV, WiFi or phone … I think this chap was fobbing me off, I haven’t received an email confirming the appointment for Thursday or that we’re down as a Priority, any ideas what I do now please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@GaynorB wrote:

…….. have I just been fobbed off 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes you have, sort of, there is no ‘priority list’ and three working days isn’t too unreasonable. Assuming that they have actually booked the technician appointment, it can sometimes take up to 24 hours to appear in the app or get any sort of acknowledgement, if fact I don’t think they do email anyway!

Best bet is to call back again tomorrow morning at 8am and ask to a) confirm the appointment has been made and b) see if there are any earlier ones become available - people do sometimes cancel.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Three business days for a fault that wasn't caused by VM seems reasonable to me. If your connection is critical then you should consider something like the HomeWorks package (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/homeworks), getting a backup line installed, or having a way of using your 4G service during outages.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Yeah I’ve called the 0345 number got put through to a call centre & was told it can’t be fixed until Thursday … I work from home.  I was told I would receive email confirmation of appointment on Thursday & was put on a priority list & would get a confirmation of that too … I haven’t received ANY email confirmations, have I just been fobbed off 🤷🏻‍♀️

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Tech appointments should appear in your online account. Check in there

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@GaynorB wrote:

…….. have I just been fobbed off 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes you have, sort of, there is no ‘priority list’ and three working days isn’t too unreasonable. Assuming that they have actually booked the technician appointment, it can sometimes take up to 24 hours to appear in the app or get any sort of acknowledgement, if fact I don’t think they do email anyway!

Best bet is to call back again tomorrow morning at 8am and ask to a) confirm the appointment has been made and b) see if there are any earlier ones become available - people do sometimes cancel.