cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is the elusive construction team

pistonbroke
Joining in

As many been waiting 6 weeks to be connected just a simple house move from one side of town to another, there a box in the pavement outside the house, just need Construction to connect it to house and then Installation to do rest. There is no communication between the two. It get booked by installations, Construction don't connect it up, Installation don't realise until day before, it gets cancelled, Rinse and Repeat,

Contacted customer support and Installations, they just say Construction are scheduled for a date about a week before Installation and then they don't show. Its impossible to talk to construction 

Construction are due today, they are not going to turn up and ill get a call next Wednesday cancelling my Thursday install and even today no one can get hold of the Construction team to confirm if its happening or why not.

Does anyone know how to contact construction or if i can just cancel my contract with no exit fees due to VMs inability to hook me back up and  apparently no compensation as its not VMs fault

13 REPLIES 13

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Can't comment on the other bits but "no compensation as its not VMs fault" is almost certainly wrong.  VM do need council permits to do pavement or highway works, and if that were the cause of delay the company would be correct.  However, streetworks permits are normally issued within 48 hours, and if you phone up the streetworks team of your local council they can tell you if VM have applied for a permit and when it was asked for, and when issued..  Anything to do with subcontractors, duct blockages or the like, that's VM's problem not yours.

Often VM blame council permit delays to try and avoid 'fessing up that the company's installation and cable pulling side of things is a dystopian mess.  You may need to invoke VM's formal complaints process, and then escalate to the arbitration scheme CISAS if VM won't see you OK for any unnecessary interruption to service. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@pistonbroke wrote:

As many been waiting 6 weeks to be connected just a simple house move from one side of town to another, there a box in the pavement outside the house, just need Construction to connect it to house and then Installation to do rest. There is no communication between the two. It get booked by installations, Construction don't connect it up, Installation don't realise until day before, it gets cancelled, Rinse and Repeat,

<snip>

Does anyone know how to contact construction or if i can just cancel my contract with no exit fees due to VMs inability to hook me back up and  apparently no compensation as its not VMs fault

Any compensation, such as it is, is provided via this scheme.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

There are plenty of legitimate ways VM can wriggle out of paying. Any payments may be time-limited and issued in the form of credits when you are reconnected. Read all the T&Cs carefully to see how/if they apply to your situation.

The failed communication and management processes within VM and between VM and its sub-contactors would be laughable if they were not causing so much inconvenience for customers, as documented in the multiple topics on this forum.

Do you have any other suitable options for a connection such as FTTP via an Openreach connection? Enter your postcode here

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

for a broad indication of timescales for the programme and check with other individual providers on what they can offer as an alternative to VM.

Guess what

another no show by the Construction team 

lets guess when the call will come to cancel my install booked for next Thursday 

Blimey! Sorry to hear this, sounds very frustrating. Reading through this forum seems to show quite a level of bad service. It’s not a good omen for the effectivity of this company.

hope they sort your problem soon, and offer you some compensation. 6 weeks is terrible 

Hi @pistonbroke,

Welcome back to our community forums. 

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience with your installation. I can understand the frustration caused by this and want to best help.

I have been able to access your account using forums details and I can see you recently spoke to our team regarding this. Just to confirm was the issue fully resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

The Issue is ABSOLUTLEY not resolved 

Virgin are a complete shambles, The Construction team have not pulled any cables as yet

I get a text this morning asking me to confirm Thursdays appointment  saying  "the big days coming"   

so I'm just about to reply with "KEEP"   we will then see how long it takes the to cancel on me !!

then i get a email from Virgin asking if they can collect my kit,  **bleep**

USELESS !!!!

Well who would believe it 

Just had the expected cancellation text, this time till the 1st of November

this is getting farcical, another day off work wasted  

ill keep you all posted 

......and now the Jokers want to collect all my kit !!!!!

perhaps i should take him hostage

Hello Michael,

One of our technicians will be popping over today to pick up our disconnected kit from you at this address:

You're lucky to have Jack collecting today, and they’ll be happy to show you their ID when they arrive.

Please gather up your kit ready for us

To keep you both safe, Jack will be following social-distancing rules and won't come inside your house. As soon as you can, please unplug and gather up the kit ready to hand over so we can be off on our way nice and quickly.

At a different address?

If you’re living at a different address to the one above, please reply to this message to let us know. We’ll try to pick up the kit from your new address when one of our technicians is nearby.

And if you’ve already returned the kit to us by post within the last week, please just ignore this email. We’ll look out for it arriving over the next few days.

Just so you know, our technicians aren’t able to answer questions you’ve got about your account, so please get in touch with customer care if you have any other queries.

Hi @pistonbroke,

I am very sorry to hear about all of this. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can investigate and assist you further with this.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!