Menu
MichaeljonesMJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which broadband should I choose? Virgin Media? Sky? or BT?...?

Hey buddies, I am going to move to a renting flat on the Dumbarton Road near Morrison. I found that Virgin Media could be available to the postcode. It seems that Virgin Media wooould be a little quick. But I found some negative talks about the Virgin Media. Which one could be better? quick and stable? (I sometimes play PC games)..........I would like to know how long I could get the router if I pay my money for Virgin Media..

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which broadband should I choose? Virgin Media? Sky? or BT?...?

Here you read of the bad things VM have done with people, my installation went like clockwork my installers made sure all was working then phoned in and reported and were then asked to pass me the phone and I was asked was I happy with everything, which I was.   Only had one loss of broadband in the year after a very bad electrical storm I phoned in and after about an hour got some reduced service back and by lunch time was up to speed again.

Now you mention Sky, BT etc. they all use Open Reach network so all will give similar/same results.   My wires to here are in a terrible state so very poor speeds, OR have informed me they intend to do nothing to improve so here I am on VM.

If your home can get a Fiber connection then you have a comparable alternative to VM.

I suggest you ask a few neighbours and see how they rate VM and OR performance and then make up your mind.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you'll find negative talk about every ISP.
pick whichever is in your price range for the requirements you have.
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@MichaeljonesMJ wrote:

I would like to know how long I could get the router if I pay my money for Virgin Media..

VM offer monthly (30 day notice) contracts which are a bit more expensive - but you can sign up and try it.  You can always cancel within 14 days of installation anyway - or run it for a month and see how it is - if its pants for you - just cancel then 30 days later you will be released from the contract and turned off - you can then go to another provider which you set up during the 30 day notice period.  If you like it you can switch to an annual contract and reduce the monthly cost somewhat.  VM will send a prepaid package for you to return their Hub and any other equipment (V6 etc)  - which is their property - you are just renting it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MichaeljonesMJ
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@MichaeljonesMJ wrote:

Hey buddies, I am going to move to a renting flat on the Dumbarton Road near Morrison. I found that Virgin Media could be available to the postcode. It seems that Virgin Media wooould be a little quick. But I found some negative talks about the Virgin Media. Which one could be better? quick and stable? (I sometimes play PC games)..........I would like to know how long I could get the router if I pay my money for Virgin Media.. https://downloader.vip/the-pirate-bay/ PutLocker  https://appsync.biz/123movies/

My issues has been solved

________________________________________________________________________________________

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

@MichaeljonesMJ wrote:

I would like to know how long I could get the router if I pay my money for Virgin Media..

VM offer monthly (30 day notice) contracts which are a bit more expensive

Actually - I just checked myself - monthly cost is the same but the 30 day contract has a £70 upfront installation fee compared to £25 for a 12mo contract.  Still worth considering I think.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MichaeljonesMJ
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@MichaeljonesMJ wrote:

Hey buddies, I am going to move to a renting flat on the Dumbarton Road near Morrison. I found that Virgin Media could be available to the postcode. It seems that Virgin Media wooould be https://downloader.vip/the-pirate-bay/ PutLocker  https://appsync.biz/123movies/ a little quick. But I found some negative talks about the Virgin Media. Which one could be better? quick and stable? (I sometimes play PC games)..........I would like to know how long I could get the router if I pay my money for Virgin Media..

Thanks everyone

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 Kudos