cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find pre-pull date?

martin9595
On our wavelength

I really need to be here when the pre-pull team arrive because there will be an issue over how to route the cable, which they will need info from me. It's a short private leg with 4 houses off it just off the main street, so the cable would go past 2 other houses.  It's fine, there is a strip of grass where the cable can be buried, neighbours are fine with it and we actually plan on removing the grass in the summer anyway.  Also want the box on a specific location, ie to the garage.  

Looked in my account and can only see the install date, 10th March.

I've read too many stories about the pre-pull team cancelling, so I want to answer their questions on the day to avoid this.  Thanks!

40 REPLIES 40

Hi Paul, can I get a reply to my post from Friday please? It seems virgin staff selectively reply to posts

It's the utter lack of any communication or response or meaningful information from anyone at virgin media. The forum staff are actively ignoring my requests for help. I put a new post asking for a reply which they deleted, so unprofessional to ignore customers like this.  Pre-install team tell the same lies every day, again today "it's absolutely scheduled for today" which they know isn't remotely true. 

Hello martin9595

Sorry you have had to join here to get an answer about the pre install

I can take a look at this for you 

The pre pull date as advised will be always be booked in each day 

Once I have passed security, I can look to get a definite date so you can be present 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thank you! I have replied.

Hi Martin,

Everyone here feels basically the same way as you do about the company and the lack of communication and meaningful information (I guess if everything was working exactly as intended we wouldn't be here on the forums).

I'm only with VM as I have no other viable ISP (I can use BT, but only on a copper line which maxes out at 10mbps, for a modern household that is almost unusable these days, if I could get fibre from BT, even if it was fibre to cabinet (maxing out at around 70 - 80mbps that would be fine, for most people that speed is adequate) but I'm on an direct exchange line which means it's not possible).

The bad communication and support you are getting (and your not even using their service yet) will Not improve, therefore if at all possible, remove the hassle from your life and go with another ISP, it's not worth the stress (in my opinion).

Hi martin9595

Thanks for those details

I have just explained the situation to the Regional and Area manager and our Contractors 

Hopefully I can get a definite date for your prepull so you can be home to oversee it 

As soon as I have an update I will send you a Private message 

Don't worry it will get sorted 

Gareth_L

I'm close to cancelling as still within the cooling off period. I already have a FTTC connection which provides 74mbit and has literally never missed a beat in 7 years and I get full speeds at all times. Virgin sent people round the doors when it went live last week to get new customers and even telling people ducting was installed to each property when the estate was buillt 15 years ago which doesn't seem true. There's a 'nextdoor' page for the estate and now that virgin has gone live, it's now full of people with the exact same complaints as me, and some have already cancelled their orders, directly linking to this forum.  BT FTTP is due to be enabled in the summer anyway. 

Thanks Gareth, I appreciate it although I can see that this has been requested for many others in the same situation and never really changed anything, but I really will wait and see with an open mind. 

If it helps Martin9595

The cables that are to be pulled do not require any digging

Its going to use the pre installed ducting  Public Infrastructure Access, it's where we install our network via the openreach manholes / ducts rather than digging anything up

Gareth_L

As you say that you have access to 74mbps speeds already, I would just cancel your contract with VM (even more so as you say that BT are due to put in full fibre in your area this summer), I think what your doing at the moment is basically just torturing yourself, the customer service won't get any better.

At this point I can't really see the logic of why your continuing to try and get VM installed (as you've stated, even numerous other people on your estate are having the same headache as you, so it's clearly not an isolated problem) your kind of stressing yourself out by trying to continue with something that you really don't need to.