cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find a private installer?

LittleBrainz
Joining in

Hi Folks,

I recently moved into a renovated flat. Virgin said broadband had previously been working at the property, but I was unable to find the wall socket.

They sent out an engineer, who discovered the Virgin cable dangling from the building's outside wall. He believed that it had once entered through a hole drilled in a window frame. But when the flat was renovated - and new PVC windows installed - the cable had been pulled out and tossed out the window.

The engineer said that he was not allowed to drill a new hole in the PVC window frame, and I would have to have it done privately.

In addition, I do not want a black cable snaking along white baseboards and up the wall to the TV mount. I would like have a white cable neatly installed, and then enter into the wall to go vertical to the 5-foot high mount.

Does anyone know where I should look to have a private installer do the work? I live near Croydon, South London.

Thank you your help!

Stephen

1 REPLY 1

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any odd job man should be able to drill the hole for you.

I do not want a black cable snaking along white baseboards and up the wall to the TV mount.” The VM cable for a TV does not go directly to the TV, there is a box called a STP (Set Top Box) that the incoming coax goes to and from that a HDMI cable goes to the TV. Most HDMI cables are much thicker than the incoming coax.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2