cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my 2nd Wifi pod.

yosithi
Joining in

Have requested a 2nd wifi pod, 5 or 6 times now since November and it still hasn't arrived. Anyone else had this problem?

tia

Andy

10 REPLIES 10

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi yosithi,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been unable to order a 2nd Pod, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and believe I have found the issue, so I can discuss this further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

sorry for delay in responding but have not any invite.
Phoned again last week still waiting for 2nd POD.

Tia,

Andy

Hi @yosithi 

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry the PM was not sent but currently, it wasn't needed. This is because we need you to do further tests via the Connect App to see if a Pod is needed. See more here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - and run the wireless scan. This will check and identify any coverage blackspot issues, optimise areas where possible to do so and if further Pods are needed, prompt you to order.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hiya thanks for the reply.
I've already done scans and identified black spots in my house .... several times. It's an old stone building ~1890.
I used to have netgear extenders until one bit the dust. I've been asking for the second one now since last November as I'm limited to the rooms I have wifi access at present.

Tia,

Andy

Hi @yosithi 

Thank you for reaching out regarding your recent Pod issues, I see that you have completed the diagnostics via the 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp. I do understand your torment with a building of that age. You can also order pods via the app, are you facing any issues in the app doing this, is it presenting any errors?  

If the app is behaving itself, this is the process for you to follow: 

Tap to start scan,
Tap, then start the scan again,
While connect to WiFi, Tap I'm ready,
Wait 2 minutes for scan,
Scan Complete, Tap continue,
Tap Add a room, Tap the room you are in,
Start the scan (do this in every room),
Scan complete,
Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option,
Optimisation complete, Tap to rescan room, Tap start scan,
Tap Order a WiFi Booster, if an option.

I know its very lather rinse and repeat 🙄, but we want to ensure that given the property you live in that you are getting the best in every room and also prepared should you need a third Pod to get awesome WiFi 😍.
Should you have any issues in doing this please reach back out to us and we can further assist. 

Keep us updated.

Syd

Hi,

ran some scans again yesterday, and the app came bak with redicously hi Wifi results even though I had no bars/no wifi on the device I was testing from.
I was trying from 2nd office/kitchen and patio outside. Ordinarily, no wifi whatsoever, but the app seemed to think so.

Tia Andy

Hi @yosithi,

Thank you for the update. Just to clarify, are you saying that you had absolutely no Wi-Fi connection at all despite the app saying otherwise with its scan result?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

From the locations at which I was running the scan, yes. Other rooms were fine with Wifi.

Tia

Andy

Further, I ran a scan whilst stood in the dorway and managed 3Mbps (lowest reading shown on wifi Icon on my device). However, 2 steps away no wifi and a "opps something went wrong message"